Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Cropped view with text saves the text outside the border

AlexV
Booster

A cropped view placed on layout will save the whole text of a text object regardless if it's outside the border. I've seen it happening even in older versions not just AC27.

Bassically I have a description text placed on a worksheet that is saved as view and placed on different layouts cropped based on what exactly I need to show as description. The saved pdf looks fine but if I open it in an editor I see all the hidden text saved as well, only invisible.

Tried different settings for the cropped drawing, no difference- what I can see is that the whole text object is saved with the pdf- so if I split it into different text-objects it's ok.

Does anyone have a solution where I can keep the whole text? Often is just one paragraf that needs to be on some and not on all pdf:s

Operating system used: Windows 10

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
Archicad 21-27
Windows 10 / Xeon W-2245 / RTX A4000 / 64GB RAM DDR4 / 2 x 1440 screens
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

As you are cropping it on the layouts, all the hidden information is still there.

When you print the PDF you won't see the hidden information, but if it is all one text block, all the text will still be there as it is just one text element - just part of it not visible.

Maybe on your worksheet, use 3 different text elements, one for each paragraph.

Then so long as these are cropped on the layout, the PDF should only contain the text from the paragraphs that you can see and not those you can't.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

As you are cropping it on the layouts, all the hidden information is still there.

When you print the PDF you won't see the hidden information, but if it is all one text block, all the text will still be there as it is just one text element - just part of it not visible.

Maybe on your worksheet, use 3 different text elements, one for each paragraph.

Then so long as these are cropped on the layout, the PDF should only contain the text from the paragraphs that you can see and not those you can't.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

I figured it has to do with cropped text-object, just wondering it was "normal" behaviour. Or if it was dependat on the publish/print/ save . So I guess it is what it is. Your solution is the way we use it, just sometimes it's not that wasy to split the text.

Anyways, thank you for the reply- I can put it to rest now.

Archicad 21-27
Windows 10 / Xeon W-2245 / RTX A4000 / 64GB RAM DDR4 / 2 x 1440 screens

Setup info provided by author