Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Disappearing Dimensions - AC15 (no teamworks issues)

rob2218
Enthusiast
Well...here's the thing.
I place some dimensions on some objects that are on different renovation filters. Some are in "NEW" and some are in "EXISTING" and when I leave and reenter the PLN file...."some" not all dims are gone.....what the heck is this GS?

I mean....really? It seems to happen randomly.

Can GS look into this please? I hate having to recreate certain dims and it's becoming a nuisance to continually having to keep scanning thru each drawing sheet to try and determine WHICH dims are missing.

My boss keeps yelling at me cause he insists that I'm not putting in the dims that he needs and I know I do because I've made print outs of the sheets, and the DIMS ARE THERE....yet they disappear...randomly.

Please find the FIX here G.S.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
19 REPLIES 19
Eduardo Rolon
ksjhawk wrote:
Rob...
… I would place a string on the grid (these are grids made with the ArchiCad Grid Element Tool), come back to the drawing later, usually after send and release, and the dimensions would be missing. Both the dims and grid are on the same renovation filter, both New, but the dims disappear unless you change the string to static…
Been bitting by this multiple times until I started to make them static.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
This issue with Grids is different from the previous one.
Do you add these grid dimension points to an existing dimension line?
Katalin Takacs
rob2218
Enthusiast
Katalin....I know you can't say or may not have a timeframe but.....really...this disappearing dimensional issue is really getting to be troublesome.

Work arounds (making the dim a "static" dim) works so far but it means we have to now manually adjust dimensions when the design changes...be it the interior elevations, plans, whatever.......when would a fix occur?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
Well...I just had to break it to my employer and let him know that those "disappearing dimensions"?...the ones GS can't seem to get a Hotfix on.....they are not "automatic dims"......and he responded with "WELL THAT DOESN'T WORK FOR US...THAT'S NO GOOD!"......

So now I'm sure there wont be anymore Hotfix for AC15 since GS already announced that AC16 is out............oh well, so much for "automatic dimensions" moving with the object they are linked to....
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Rob,

We continue to issue Hotfixes for the current two releases. So 15 has some time before we stop sending updates. This issue is being handled and while we have no time frames to post at the moment I would expect a Hotfix in the near future.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Thank you for the reports and comments related to these dimension problems.
As a quick solution we schedule to release a special hotfix for ArchiCAD 15 that solves the known dimension issues only. We plan to release it on week 20 for the first major language versions through the automatic update system.
Please note that a general ArchiCAD 15 Hotfix will still be released in the original schedule.
Katalin Takacs
rob2218
Enthusiast
"...Suey Mama!".....thank you Katalin.
(Suey Mama by the way is from a kids movie my twins watched).....expression of elation.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
aahatimo
Newcomer
i am having disappearing dimension problems of another sort. finally chased down what was up.
dimensions done using 'entire model' partial structure view settings do not show when using show 'core only' even when dimns are core only. also cannot copy dimn, put it on a different layer and get it to show.
i need a construction layout plan that does not show the thick 3" ext insulation and gyp board but does show all the walls, door and window centerlines. thought i could easily toggle between these settings with out punishment.
i have read the help area regarding dimns and partial structure but it does not help now. file:///Applications/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD%2015/Help/Files/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm
"Dimensions in Partial Structure Display
Dimensions are connected to the Partial Structure display setting: each Partial Display mode has its own set of dimensions: you can have a set of dimensions in your Core Only view, and other sets of dimensions in your Entire Model and Without Finishes views. If you switch between Partial Structure Display settings, the dimensions associated with the earlier Display setting will not be visible. To see the Dimensions again, switch back to the Partial Structure Display setting in which the Dimensions were placed."

it would be great to have known this much earlier in project. i do not consider this a feature but a nasty bug. at least i finally chased it down to show partial structure settings. is this 'feature' still in v16?!
how many other fantom setting are there that come back and bit you on the ass. guess you can see i am pissed off sitting inside dealing with this cr*p rather than being outside on a beautiful day.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
The ArchiCAD 15 Hotfix-3 package (build 3632) for BIM Server and ArchiCAD has been released today. It contains a solution for the known dimension loss issues.
Please check this out: http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ReleaseNotes/AC15-3602to3632-ReleaseNotes.html
Katalin Takacs
rob2218
Enthusiast
thank you so very much!!!...REALLY....thanks G.S.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23