Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Edit / resize multiple fills at once

Mandino
Beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to resize various fills at once within an independent detail window. I selected all elements and then tried to resize. Unfortunately, it just resizes one element instead of all at once. Any idea? Thank you for help.

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based 12.7.4

Archicad edit multiple.png

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

Hi @Mandino 

Try stretching with the Marquee Tool.

marquee_tool.gif

Regards.

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000

View solution in original post

Solution
4dProof
Advisor

As ricardo has pointed out, you can use a marquee, that will allow you to stretch them in a single direction. If you are looking to rescale in multiple directions, you can use the resize command (edit > reshape > resize). If they are vector based and you want to extend them, you can use the adjust command (edit > reshape > adjust).

One tip on top of Ricardo's marquee trick is to move the elements you need adjusted a set distance from the detail, marquee and stretch, then move back the distance. This way you can stretch just the elements you want without messing up other detail drafting.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Solution

@4dProof wrote:

One tip on top of Ricardo's marquee trick is to move the elements you need adjusted a set distance from the detail, marquee and stretch, then move back the distance. This way you can stretch just the elements you want without messing up other detail drafting.

Yes, be careful with the marquee method.

Any nodes of any elements inside the marquee will stretch.

You can't just stretch the elements you select.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
Ricardo Lopez
Advocate

Hi @Mandino 

Try stretching with the Marquee Tool.

marquee_tool.gif

Regards.

M. Arch. Ricardo López
BIM Consultant | Project Solutions and Services | Panama
AC17-27 SPA+INT | Windows 11 | MSI WE75 9TK, 32GB, Nvidia Quadro RTX 3000
Solution
4dProof
Advisor

As ricardo has pointed out, you can use a marquee, that will allow you to stretch them in a single direction. If you are looking to rescale in multiple directions, you can use the resize command (edit > reshape > resize). If they are vector based and you want to extend them, you can use the adjust command (edit > reshape > adjust).

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Solution

@4dProof wrote:

Yes, be careful with the marquee method.

Any nodes of any elements inside the marquee will stretch.

You can't just stretch the elements you select.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mandino
Beginner

Resolved …

@Ricardo - thanks a lot, especially for taking the effort to record a desktop video  – worked perfectly. Saludos desde Alemania a Panama.

@4dProof - thanks for the additional tip for the workaround to move the elements to be stretched. I actually use this in other occasions or just put the selected elements on a separate layer and then hide the rest.

@Barry – thanks for adding the alert.

Would be nice to have the additional option to select certain elements before editing. The option to edit all adjacent elements within the marquee certainly is very cool in certain cirumstances, but in others moving or hiding elements to be edited appears to me a little long-winded - if I’m not missing some ways to handle it..

Setup info provided by author