Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Ellipse basin does not show up in PDF

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this a bug?

We've used several casework objects from ArchiCAD 14 Library and we just noticed that the ellipse basin does not appear on our published PDFs. The round basin of the SAME object shows up. The double sink from the cabinet object shows up too. Seems like this could be isolated to the ellipse basin only.

I've attached an image in which was copied from a published PDF in Adboe.

Clipboard-1.png
26 REPLIES 26
Steve wrote:
.... I tried to print and publish with different .pdf settings. Ellipse seems to work fine with any scale sensitivity setting. I also tried printing from the floor plan and from the layout.
This is how you can be sure what the Publisher is using to generate the .pdf's

Does it make a difference if the publisher is set up to use the Amyuni or the Acrobat? It did not make any difference for me.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since I was using the default Layouts to PDF publisher set, the setting is to save the layouts as a PDF file. That's probably where the issue is occurring. Can you confirm?

Printing from publisher using either Adobe PDF or Amyuni worked.

I apologize for my wording - I always seem to think when it comes to PDFs, printing, publishing or saving is almost the same thing.
It failed!

That was a suprize. I changed to the Amyuni and used Save to publish.

The ellipse is missing.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks a bunch Steve. For not only making me feel no longer alone in this (ha) but also for going back and forth with me, helping steer me in the right direction down all the way to publisher set settings and output format!

I've sent a follow up email to Graphisoft US pinpointing the location of this issue/bug and hopefully they will fix it with the next hotfix.
Erika Epstein
Booster
I can't duplicate the problem. Just published this from 14.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
I can't duplicate the problem. Just published this from 14.
But you're using Mac I assume. Looks like a PDF print driver problem.
Erika Epstein
Booster
Matthew,
I tried on a pc that matches his specs. I can reproduce the problem

only with mirrored instances AND when in TW2.

Is that a print driver problem?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
Matthew,
I tried on a pc that matches his specs. I can reproduce the problem

only with mirrored instances AND when in TW2.

Is that a print driver problem?
Who knows? Definitely odd. Remarkable that you managed to narrow it down so precisely.

Sounds like something for GS to sort out. I guess the workaround for now is to un-mirror the offending parts.
Barry Kelly
This is still a problem in the latest hotfix (publishing a mirrored ellipse with the built in PDF convertor).
I have reported it to GS Australia but if GS HQ see this can it please be fixed in the next hotfix.

It used to be a problem some versions ago (maybe 10?) and got fixed then.
It is not always convenient or easy to un-mirror an object espescially if it is not symmetrical.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I also have this problem.