BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Font type adjusting to missing font.

toofuerte
Contributor

I am working in ArchiCAD 22

I started to work with someone new and their template contains a font that first wasn't on my computer.  I loaded the right font to my Windows 10, the template comes from a Mac.  As I am trying to make sure the text is showing correctly I open a text box, select the text and set the font to the desired font but when I close the text editing, the font reverts to a text name adding western after the font name, and it changes to the same font name but then adds western after it and it isn't available and shows the default windows font. Whatever I do it keeps, reverting to a missing font. I restarted the computer, made sure the needed fonts were installed and working.  Opened same file on other windows computer and am still having same issue.

I added fonts Mrhandy and HeavyHand.  When I select Mrhandy it sets the font to missing "Mrhandy western".  

editing text missing font.JPG

start of text.JPG

Gerald Acton "Gary"

Acton Design Services

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit

i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Ram

AC 19 - AC 26
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru

Does the font work in a fresh file?

Note: You can use "start + shift + s" to screenshot just the relevant part of your screen.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Karl Ottenstein

Your screeenshot seems to show "MrHand", not "MrHandy" .... MrHand was a licensed/purchased font, at least 24 years ago.   If you install it on your system, the text should use the font.  Perhaps there is an issue with "MrHandy"?  Are you able to create new text with MrHandy?

Are you able to change the {MrHand western]  - missing - font text to something standard, like Arial?  If not, there might be something related to your selection.  Since the title is in Mr Hand, most likely the carriage return/new line are in Mr Hand also... so you may have to select up through the first character that is in a different font?

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
toofuerte
Contributor

Thanks for the answers!

I know I have had this problem several times when I adjusted the font and then when I exit the text block it switches to a missing or different font type.  Maybe it is a bug.  it also has problems when there are more than one font in a text box.  

Karl I mistyped the font name it is Mrhand, that I was given by the client.  

Gerald Acton "Gary"

Acton Design Services

Windows 10 PRO 64 bit

i7-5820K @ 3.30ghz 32GB Ram

Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 4GB Ram

AC 19 - AC 26
Learn and get certified!