cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

No doors and windows on a layout (visible on the source drawing)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

A problem with the doors and windows. They are visible on the source view, but at some point they disapeared from the views that were placed on the layouts. What the? Any ideas what might cause the problem?

Source view with visible a layout underlay - you may even notice, that the doors and windows appear differently on the layout (orange underlay in the openings):

Layout:

Thanks!
Piotr
12 REPLIES 12
Podolsky
Ace
Check settings of the view (in the view map). Maybe there set different Model View Options? Please don't forget, that in ArchiCAD drawing must be saved as a View first and after placed on layout. It's not linked directly with view that you see currently on the floor plan.

It's recommended to organise project view map - make folders structure. Then it will be easier to avoid similar errors.
Anonymous
Not applicable
That was the first thing to check. On the wrongly represented view the settings are te same as on the right one. What's more - the view changed with one actualization of the view but we didn't change anything at all in the view settings. I'm quite confused. We now have 147 views to place nad crop once again in the marketing metrials - I don't want to do that again

The one on the left represents wrongly, the one on the right is correct. There are no dfferences in the cutting plane either.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Piotr T,
Did you check the FPCP for each ViewMap?
Podolsky
Ace
A Bug? Ask Local technical support. They must help.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
Hi Piotr T,
Did you check the FPCP for each ViewMap?
Yup - both has the same settings.

Update - Some of them has different settings, but changing them does not affect the representations of a view on a layout.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok... Just to check: Did you save the changes to the original ViewMap?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes Probably some kind of a bug.
runxel
Legend
Hi Piotr, as a last resort: Did you tried to "Open & Repair"?

Another thing I would try before giving up is to utilize the drawing manager and and change one setting for all drawings forth and back to forcefully regenerate all drawings.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Runxel,

nothing worked so far. We have manually changed the views. The problem persists, so only one member of our team is allowed to update the views - on other computers, as soon as the view is updated, the windows and doors disappears and there is no way to bring them back. So frustrating! Even our local Archicad dealer has no working way of solving this problem. I suppose it may be just a bug - the file is huge and complicated, works in a temawork, so there is a lot of data going in and out. A team of 3-4 people is interacting within it so it also may be a "PEBCAK" but if that would be the case it should be "solvable" but so far - it's not