Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Panning view of placed drawings

Haneef Tayob
Booster
I can't figure out how to pan the view of a placed drawing in AC10 as I used to do in Plotmaker 9.

Would appreciate it if someone could briefly explain it to me (if it is still possible)

In AC10, If I want to move the plan around a bit on the layout, I have to use the 'offset edge' with 'drag' a few times which is a few steps more than in AC9 and is a pain if you have a few cropped off portions of drawings on one layout.

Hope I'm clear in the request.
Thanks
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
5 REPLIES 5
Erika Epstein
Booster
Are you sure you mean PAN?

Are you are trying to reposition a drawing on a layout or adjust the frame of the drawing?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Ted Taylor
Contributor
When the placed drawing is selected, there is a dot in the middle and the four corners of the drawing. Select the middle dot and the PET palette will give you the option that I think you are looking for.
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes it does, Ted. Well spotted. Only problem is you don't get a ghost image of your drawing so can't see what the result is going to be. Pity.
Haneef Tayob
Booster
s2art wrote:
Yes it does, Ted. Well spotted. Only problem is you don't get a ghost image of your drawing so can't see what the result is going to be. Pity.
Thank you very much for the suggestion Ted, it's what I was looking for. I also agree with Stuarts comments.

regards
Haneef Tayob
Aziz Tayob Architects
AC23 INT rel 3003, OS X 10.14.6 iMac 3.3ghz i5 dual monitor, 24GB RAM
Anonymous
Not applicable
Or select and use Ctrl D on the keyboard.