Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Pens in Layouts

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Ok.. What am I missing… Used to be that my drawings would display correctly (pen thk ) in the layout environment even though my layout itself needs a different pen set…

Now, it seems, the layout pen set is being forced onto the drawings themselves…

I actually believe they print ok, but it's frustrating looking at the screen and seeing really CHUNKY fill patterns….

Anyone else? Seems to have just happened in the last TWO hot fixes for 17.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
5 REPLIES 5
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Actually, it appears to be a different problem.. All my drawings that were on PEN SET BY VIEW: have changed to MISSING (even though the pen sets are still there?)….

So now I get to select a couple hundred drawings and see if the pen sets are "Missing" … Ugh...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Duane,

Just create a quick/temporary Project Index, listing all your drawings by name and penset. Then you can change the pensets from within the schedule and delete it afterwards.

Pensets are mapped by name. You sure the name did not change even slightly?

Cheers,
Link.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
And the default penset for the layout environment is completely separate from the pensets assigned to each drawing. Each new drawing will get the penset from the default drawing settings.

Cheers,
Link.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Well here's what I know… The VIEW SETTINGS show the Proper Pen Set (and not as Missing..

The DRAWING SETTINGS show the pen set as MISSING…

It is entirely possible, tho not likely that all these drawings had and OVERRIDING pen set that is now no longer in the file. It's not likely because I very rarely use anything but PENS: BY VIEW…

Anyway, I can't usually solve my problems until I make myself look like a fool by chiming in here…. So "Mission Accomplished".. I know what need fixing…
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
That's funny I use anything except PENS: BY VIEW!

And never mind, how does the saying go? Only fools don't ask questions?

Cheers,
Link.