cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printed appearance of elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Can anyone tell me....what determines the printed colour of wall and other surfaces of Archicad materials. I have my elevations set up so that under Model Effects, Element's Own Material Colours are displayed. I am using Surface whitewash or a variation of same as the wall material. This appears in the printed elevations as a mid grey tone. This is very muddy looking and I would like to change this if possible. How can I control the colored appearance of surfaces in printed elevations without messing up my 3D model materials? Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance
fool of a took
13 REPLIES 13
TomWaltz
Participant
The elevation material color is based on the Interior Engine preview color of the material.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Still doesn't explain why the white material shows up as grey.

Hunter.
Dwight
Newcomer
please post:

--an image of the offending view
-- your internal engine material setting.
-- your sun position in the elevation setting dialog
Dwight Atkinson
Djordje
Ace
Elevation from the S/E window?

Rendering?

OpenGL 3D view?

What EXACTLY are you printing or trying to print?\

A screenshot would help a lot ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dwight
Newcomer
Since our colleague is not forthcoming, I can only suppose that it is an analytical view where the (no such thing as) white is not directly lit.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again,

Sorry for taking so long to get back....okay here is one typical image....the one thing I have altered is the settings in Vectorial Sun Shadows to Custom which has brightened the image up to some degree...
Anonymous
Not applicable
And here are the Internal Engine settings.....
Dwight
Newcomer
I see white in the view, (Red arrow) so it can't be that the rendering is generally too dark. What material is that? Put the values that material has on the whitewash and see. I think that whatever rendering method you are using, that there's not enough light directly falling on the surface to satisfy you as to its whiteness.

You can artificially increase the reflectance of the walls to overcome the shading, but this looks pretty good to me.

Where the flaw is: your expectation that something said to be white is really light grey, except in perpendicular light, because it is not highly reflective.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
I see white in the view, (Red arrow) so it can't be that the rendering is generally too dark.
Hi and Thanks dwight,

What you are are looking at there is an open space under an external stair landing.

I take your point re: expectations of whiteness. The appearance certainly has improved since employing Custom Vectorial Sun Shadows. Though this is not an accurate representation of the actual building orientation, I think for graphical purposes it is fine.

Thanks again

fool of a took