Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Published PDF files are empty

Anonymous
Not applicable
Since upgrading to AC 18 the publishing to PDF function produces empty files. Anyone with a solution for this? I have attached a screenshot for ease of reference.

Screen Shot 2014-12-09 at 12.41.52 PM.png

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi John,
I also have this problem but am still working in ArchiCAD17 (Mac Yosemite). It publishes most of my layouts to pdf but two just keep on showing up as empty when I try to open them. I'm not doing anything different with these two layouts and have tried individually etc but to no avail.

Has anyone else overcome this problem? Please share.

Sarah
Anonymous
Not applicable
Same here, version 17 up to date - Mac Pro on Yosemite - I need to pass a PDF onto a client, way to go ArchiCAD. What is up with this bug?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Publishing to jpegs seems to work. From there you can export to a Pdf, but it looks pretty ordinary because of all the space that is around the actual layout.
Anonymous
Not applicable
edited 02/19/15

I finally figured out a solid work around, try this. Bring up Navigator, create a layout, now select and open the layout you want to print. Use the FILE/PRINT command on the main menu. Then toggle the PDF (lower left of Print window) to Mail PDF, Save PDF, whatever output option you want. This technique still won't allow you to select multiple layouts to reside within a single PDF file. If you try that you will get a zero file. As long as I can generate single PDF files I am back in business without caving in and buying the upgrade just so that I can output a PDF file.
PastedGraphic-2.png
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Burginger wrote:
Found that selecting the layouts in Navigator and printing from there, selecting the PDF option. It worked great to give me a single file, 15 sheet pdf. However, as far as I know there is no way when you do that to select the sheet size and retain the proper output scale. In other words it scaled it to fit on a 8.5" x 11" -- good enough for my clients laptop but not sure how the repro house can correctly print the 30" x42" sheets.
Before Print... command, go to Page Setup..., set Format For: Any Printer, Paper Size: Manage Custom Sizes and create a page size to match your output. Set the Non-Printable Area: User Defined, and all the margins to zero.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All, it's still not working for me even though I thought I had it figured out on a previous project. Did the exact same thing, didn't work and just tried your instructions Burginger, still didn't work.

Also I agree with the techno talk! Graphisoft give us some screenshots and instructions rather than phrases we have to try to google to find out what you are talking about. And even when you google it the phrases, it comes back with your 'help' post as the top result.

This is such a basic function that it really warrants instructions on how to resolve it quickly and asap.

Also, asked to be notified when a reply is posted on this topic and it didn't let me know...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I finally figured out a solid work around, try this. Bring up Navigator, create a layout, now select and open the layout you want to print. Use the FILE/PRINT command on the main menu. Then toggle the PDF (lower left of Print window) to Mail PDF, Save PDF, whatever output option you want. This technique still won't allow you to select multiple layouts to reside within a single PDF file. If you try that you will get a zero file. As long as I can generate single PDF files I am back in business without caving in and buying the upgrade just so that I can output a PDF file. I will edit and post this in the original post so that anyone will quickly find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes that works Burginger!
Anonymous
Not applicable
We have the exact same problem with AC 17 (hotfix 8000) and OS X 10.10.2. Graphisoft mentions it here:
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/technotes/operating-systems/mac-os-x-10-10-yosemite/#Publishing_or_...

.. but the workarounds do not work (we use an AFP connection already).

I personally find this totally unacceptable - essentially a data corruption bug (I don't know how else you would call a function that results in corrupt files) with no working solution and no fix in sight.