Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publishing Different Scales

Zdenko
Advocate

what is the most efficient method of creating a publishing set that was originally set at say 3/8"=1' under project view & map now have an alternate set at 1/4"=1'.

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based Sonoma 14.4.1

Archicad 27 5030 USA Full Apple
M3 Max 36GB MacBook Pro
iOS Sonoma 14.5
3 REPLIES 3
Zdenko
Advocate

so far what i did was open the "show organizer" and copied over the the "view map" folder needed to "layout map" and in the process of changing all of the individual views to the new scale. seems ok for a small project but this would be a time consumer on larger projects.

M3 Max 36GB MacBook Pro
iOS Sonoma 14.5
Barry Kelly

You don't set the scale when you publish.

You just publish what you have set up in your layouts.

So if you want different scales, you would have two different layouts, one for each scale and a publisher set for each of the layouts.

Ideally you are not just duplicating the layouts and adjusting the scale of the drawing placed on the layout.

You can do this if it suits you, but to me that is a bad practice.

You should create multiple views and set the correct scale in each view.

Then place the views on the layouts at 100% (no scaling).

But as i said, if you prefer to adjust the scale of the drawing placed on the layout and that works for you, that is fine.

Either way you should have 2 layouts and 2 publisher sets (or you could have 1 publisher set that publishes all of the layouts).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

hi barry - i believe to have followed your process and did not  "...just duplicating the layouts and adjusting the scale of the drawing placed on the layout." i duplicated the files under the view map and modified the scale in view map then copied them over to the layout book side of things. in this particular example the set i created had a 3/8 scale but our shop guys wanted plans in 1/4 scale so they could use their tape measure to scale off the plan. now i know what our shop guys need.

M3 Max 36GB MacBook Pro
iOS Sonoma 14.5

Setup info provided by author