Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Rotated views on layouts behave strange

Hello again.

Our project is drawn in local country coordinates. (small country, so we can afford to, 😉 ) That means that all levels are drawn rotated and we use the "Rotate Orientation" option to align the views in a "normal" position.

Problem is sometimes, randomly in fact, the Sections and Elevations behave very strange when placed onto layouts. They maintain the rotation angle and refuse to align back no matter what.

What am I missing, how is this working?

Thank you
[/img]

0003.jpg
arch. ernest atanasiu
AC 10-26 INT/GER/FR on Win 10/ Win 11
3 REPLIES 3
layout view with section
arch. ernest atanasiu
layout view with rotated section, all text is unreadable
0001.jpg
arch. ernest atanasiu
Bruce
Advisor
I don't know if you ever received a solution for this, but it's been a long time glitch in ArchiCAD (ever since they introduced rotated views).

To avoid the problem, you need to reset your view rotation to 0.00° BEFORE creating your saved section/elevation view. Once this is created, you can rotate your plan view back to what it was.

There is no way I have found to fix this after creating the view...it needs to be done before.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb