cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

SEO Interfering with Graphic Override?

Chris Grantham
Advocate
I am attempting to simplify some smaller scale sections by just showing all the cut structure with a simple poche. Unfortunately when I attempt to do this some elements that are acting as operators lose some linework. I can't seem to get to the bottom of it, so I have resigned to just show the structure as solid black. I did verify layer priorities as well but that does nothing. See attached images illustrating what I mean. Anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
17 REPLIES 17
runxel
Legend
mnguyen wrote:

It turned out that this is a limitation with how we present lines of adjacent element in sections.
I'm sorry Minh, but this is a serious defect!

Have a look at the picture: I'm sure, I'm not alone in that if I would override the elements contours I want them to pop out! But here instead (done with the "thick mesh contour trick") the mesh is much more prominent. Not really what an architect would expect...
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
vdentello
Advocate
runxel wrote:
mnguyen wrote:

It turned out that this is a limitation with how we present lines of adjacent element in sections.
I'm sorry Minh, but this is a serious defect!

Have a look at the picture: I'm sure, I'm not alone in that if I would override the elements contours I want them to pop out! But here instead (done with the "thick mesh contour trick") the mesh is much more prominent. Not really what an architect would expect...

wut.png
+1 to that.

I've had some friends asking me about this Line issue, and i wasn't able to fix it. Told them to forward to Graphisoft to see if gathers up some attention.
But the footing Thickest line should prevail, we tend to prefer the terrain with a thinner line settings, as @Runxel Said.
Archicad User Since 2013
GDL Developer
Experimenting with API
from Brazil
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hey guys,

I'm absolutely agree with you. This issue has not been fixed for quite a while, due to the complexity of the design questions that arrive with it. I have escalated this issue once more with your comments, hopefully this behavior will be modified in the near future.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
vdentello wrote:
I've had some friends asking me about this Line issue, and i wasn't able to fix it. Told them to forward to Graphisoft to see if gathers up some attention.
But the footing Thickest line should prevail, we tend to prefer the terrain with a thinner line settings, as @Runxel Said.
Thanks to suggestion from runxel I found this workaround:
1. set a new pen slightly thicker than that used by walls, slab and foundations (I use 0,36mm instead of 0,35mm) for the cut outlines of ground/mesh;
2. use graphic override to replace this pen with the same pen I use for walls, slab and foundations (you can use a smaller one, but you will have this smaller pen between ground and building);
3. use elevation limit and settings to hide bottom and side ends of ground... you'll get the heavy sing on the upper surface of the ground.
Hope it helps, in waiting of Graphisoft solution.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
mnguyen wrote:
Hey guys,

I'm absolutely agree with you. This issue has not been fixed for quite a while, due to the complexity of the design questions that arrive with it. I have escalated this issue once more with your comments, hopefully this behavior will be modified in the near future.

Thank you very much for your understanding, and I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards
Minh

I think one very simple solution to the design aspect of this would be that thicker lines always overlap thinner lines (kind of like in the case of Priority-based Connections).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
LaszloNagy wrote:
I think one very simple solution to the design aspect of this would be that thicker lines always overlap thinner lines (kind of like in the case of Priority-based Connections).
This is something I think I've already posted as a wish before through our reseller. There are a few instances with wall connections in plan view, these kind of section things, but also for example placing an object in plan view with a thin outline where I always have to send it backwards 2 steps after placing so the thicker outline of a wall overlaps it.

It does drastically change the way things work now and maybe some people like being able to cover half of a line thickness and so on...
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
PVBergkrantz
Expert
+1 hoping for a fix for this. I wrote about this problem in another thread and was redirected here. If anyone else is having the same problem as me getting Nguyens temporary fix to work with two graphic overrides, one for the wall cut and one for the ground cut, I finally figured it out: you need show skin separators turned on for the ground cut, as well as a thicker line.
| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

kylevfa
Booster

Has this still not been resolved? I'm currently facing a somewhat similar issue but without overlapping elements. I posted about it in another thread but didn't get any replies so I ended up digging around the forums and found this.