Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Section with zero depth doesn't show object.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have modelled a mountain side as a gdl-object and I want to show it in section but I don't want any section depth. When I choose no section depth the mountain object doesn't show. I would like to come around this in some way. Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mats
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
How is it modeled? If it is a surface model it may not show in a zero depth section.

The quick and dirty fix is to just give the section cut a little depth.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:
How is it modeled? If it is a surface model it may not show in a zero depth section.

The quick and dirty fix is to just give the section cut a little depth.
Well, it's a surface model from Rhino and I don't want any section depth because I want the mountain to show as a simple line.
Anonymous
Not applicable
By a little depth I mean only 1mm or so. This should not produce any visible difference from zero depth. You will probably have some duplicate (or indiscernibly different) lines though.
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
mathome wrote:
I have modelled a mountain side as a gdl-object and I want to show it in section but I don't want any section depth. When I choose no section depth the mountain object doesn't show.
Check the length, width, and height of the object in the Object Settings. Do the values seem to correspond to the actual object size? Does it display hotspots which encompass the entire object? If the object bounds are incorrect, ArchiCAD might calculate that the section line does not pass through it and consequently omit it from the section.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems