Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Sheet Index

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to work out how to link a revision number to the Sheet Index so that it automatically updates when a new revision is made.

• How do I create a linked revision number?
• Where is this revision number edited?
• How do I link this revision number to the Sheet Index?

Screen shot 2010-08-27 at 9.21.28 AM.png
28 REPLIES 28
Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to add that i am also looking for a way to link a column of custom text in the sheet index back to an autotext object on a layout. It is beyond belief that there is not an adequate revision system built into archicad by this version (using 12-14). And surely this would very simple.

I'm actually considering printing then adding revision by hand! It would be way faster than clicking each sheet and updating manually.

If i change the drawing number or the name in the sheet index it automatically updates on the sheet, why not an additional column of info for revision?

Please. If someone is smart enough to find a work around or write a very small and simple gdl object i would start a religon with you as the object of worship.
Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
joshwhat wrote:
It is beyond belief that there is not an adequate revision system built into archicad by this version (using 12-14).
Totally agree.
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have not used this feature - but - the New Features of AC14 talks of a Publisher revision tracking feature. Has anyone been using this? More importantly can the variables be used by a clever script guru?

AC Help file: Documentation > Publishing > Publisher Function > Publishing Process

Snap
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Don't know if this is the right place, but I wish there was a way to DIPLAY the CUSTOM TEXT for a layout (as accessed in the INDEX / Settings / Fields box... directly on the layout itself..

I can see this being used to coordinate INDIVIDUAL ISSUE DATES for (or revision status) on the Sheet Index and on the layout...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is exactly the right place to post.

Agreed, being able to access custom text from sheet index as autotext which could be placed on a layout would certainly go along way to in the short term for a revision system.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Hey, just in case you didn't notice....

AC 15 now lets you display the SUBSET in your Sheet Index! YAY..

Before, I was using custom text to provide a CATEGORY (same as the subset folder name)...

Plans
A2.1 Floor Plan
A2.2 2nd Floor Plan

Elevations
A3.1 Elevations
A3.2 Elevations

You get the idea...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree for the need to have an index entry be able to Autotext back to the sheet. Also I will index was able to tell which sheets were published with each issue. There is a "Published" entry, but it would be far more useful if it could show which Publish Set. See attached.
Andy Thomson
Advisor
http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-18-int-reference-guide/views-of-the-virtual-buildin...

This does not appear to work. Published items appear in sheet index for 300 milliseconds and then vanish. Obviously I don't want to list every non-published sheet in the file's layout book. Any ideas how to show ONLY published sheets in a sheet index? Anyone?
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Not tested, but clearly there is a PUBLISHED item in the CRITERIA... If you set to ON.. it should limit to only layouts published, yes?

Maybe you've done that... and it is not working?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Andy Thomson
Advisor
Correct. Select published 'on' - sheets disappear from view. De-select - sheets re-appaear in index. In layout book - the list of published drawings flashes for a second - CORRECTLY! Then Vanishes. Link reported this to GS, and the response was that this was the 'correct behaviour'. Not sure how they deem that correct, but anyhooters.
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro