Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Slabs in elevations not showing lines

cocoloco
Expert

hi! I have problem with custom cabinetry/carpentry that I have to build by slabs as nothing in library fits... When I put them next to each other SOME of them hide its own side lines In elevations, while some don't. I don't get this! and then when I want to hide the lines specifically somewhere else I can't.

Yes I can add the lines manually, but why would I when I am already placing my time into modeling...

Note aside: is there some tool that may be better to model these wall finishes/carpentry details like in photos below? Something that I can set up look and custom size considering irregular walls, so it is still evenly scaled?

Now it is built in slab but its still not looking as it suppose to... I tried to create a custom fill but it just position it horribly and isn't usable.... I wonder how other of you handle custom wall finishes and carpentry? Did archicad even consider something like this for interior designers? 

PHOTO A: line in GREEN is where suppose to be a line...yes the slabs are evenly next to each other... 

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 8.14.44 AM.png

PHOTO B: All good here, same room , different wall....no slab lines missing... WHYYYY!!! 

Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 8.15.39 AM.png

Thank you! 

Operating system used: Mac Apple Silicon 14 Sonoma

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

It doesn't matter if you use walls, slabs, columns or any other element.

If the face of adjoining elements line up perfectly, then in elevation they will blend together as if it is all one surface.

This is what you want to happen in most circumstances.

If you want to see the join between adjoining surfaces, then the easiest way is to duplicate the surface material.

It can have exactly the same settings (so it will look the same), but just give it a new name - i.e. laminate_white_1 & laminate_white_2

Maybe you will even need a 3rd one.

Then on each adjoining surface you apply a different surface material with an alternative name.

Archicad now thinks the elements have different surfaces and you will see the join.

If you are not overriding the surface of the elements, then it will be based on the building materials you have used for them.

Same thing, you duplicate the building materials with variations in the names.

Either that or leave tiny gaps between elements  or stagger the adjoining surfaces so they are not in line.

But this is hard to control as element will try to snap to each other unless you are very careful.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JeffH
Advocate

If you are using the same layer & same Building material and the slab is in the same plane as another touching slab, archicad will read them as a continuous element in elevations.

AC24 / AC26 / AC27
Win10

That makes me want to pull my hair off.😭 please do you know other tool maybe that I had missed to do carpentry wall finishes? If has details and so I thought slabs may be best… it will need separators as each piece is custom made 

MacBook Pro, Sonoma: 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7, Intel 16GB mem,
Archicad Solo 26 and 27 (in testing mode)
Solution
Barry Kelly

It doesn't matter if you use walls, slabs, columns or any other element.

If the face of adjoining elements line up perfectly, then in elevation they will blend together as if it is all one surface.

This is what you want to happen in most circumstances.

If you want to see the join between adjoining surfaces, then the easiest way is to duplicate the surface material.

It can have exactly the same settings (so it will look the same), but just give it a new name - i.e. laminate_white_1 & laminate_white_2

Maybe you will even need a 3rd one.

Then on each adjoining surface you apply a different surface material with an alternative name.

Archicad now thinks the elements have different surfaces and you will see the join.

If you are not overriding the surface of the elements, then it will be based on the building materials you have used for them.

Same thing, you duplicate the building materials with variations in the names.

Either that or leave tiny gaps between elements  or stagger the adjoining surfaces so they are not in line.

But this is hard to control as element will try to snap to each other unless you are very careful.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author