Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Stepped Label Pointers

Paul King
Mentor

Whoever designed the label tool multi node pointer line was clearly an active sadist, or more kindly, someone who has never documented a drawing.

There seems no obvious or intuitive way at all to adjust pointer line nodes dynamically in a way that gives a useful result.  Rather than dragging nodes to shape the pointer line, user is apparently forced to open object properties and manually enter angles for each kink - and even then it seems to be impossible to achieve desired the result (90 degree bends for all kinks - per screenshot below). No combination of angles entered seems to work, and the middle node of the pointer line cannot be adjusted via hotspot.

If anyone can show or tell me how to get this to work, I would be most appreciative!

PaulKing_0-1724042360658.png

Operating system used: Windows 11 23H2

PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

It is not meant as a multi-line pointer, it is an inverted pointer.

So if you annotate above the first point clicked it will invert and point from below.

And if you annotate below the first point clicked it will point from above.

BarryKelly_1-1724045246222.png

The 2 nodes next to the text adjust the same as a normal pointer.

You can't adjust the angle of the inverted part on screen, but you can set it in the properties.

The starting angle lock seems to only affect the middle node when using the stretch movement in the pet palette.

BarryKelly_2-1724045328429.png

I agree though, being able to adjust the position of all 3 points directly on the scree, would be nice.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author