Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.
SOLVED!

Trim Element to Roof shows the element geometry...

Gisele
Advocate

ROOF WALL.jpg

How to prevent showing the wall cut when using the Trim Element to Roof?

ROOF WALL.jpg
AC 26 - 5002 USA FULL
Win11 Pro 22H2 - 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900KF 3.00 GHz - 64 GB - 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
20 REPLIES 20

hi barry - after messing with the building materials interface it solved my problem and wanted to say thank you VERY MUCH! this learning lesson was worth its weight in gold! now on to stairs 🙂

Archicad 27 (3001 USA Full Intel Based MAC)
Sonoma 14.4.1

No worries, James Badcock from GS has some other great tutorials that have helped me out greatly particularly the ones on using the railing tool. He has others on YT that I have subscribed to as well. So he deserves all the credit. 

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

ok so i am back at it and quite frankly, annoyed, went back to that video which imo was of no value with my current situation. went to the help and it appears i can't replicate what help is showing as an example. the video basically shows me simply trying to trim the walls to the main roof and then was going to go the dormer roof to trim those walls.

Sonoma 14.4.1

please disregard figured out my sequence was the opposite!

Sonoma 14.4.1

need a little guidance on 2 items one related to topic and the other not. would like to clear out the main roof within the loft roof and you can see looking through the window that the main roof is visible and trying to figure out how to remove. second question is in regards to the sliding door shown in lower right of image. can't seem to find how to make the sliding door show clear glass in the object settings interface.

Screenshot 2024-05-29 at 4.31.52 PM.png

Sonoma 14.4.1

You could select roofs, right click > Connect > Trim Elements to roof shell, but the hole will be the size of the upper roof.

I would just use the pet palette option to cut a hole in the main roof.

If that is a door and not a window, check the MVO settings for detail level in 3D - may not be 'Full'.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

thanks for the hint and mvo was good but did find the glass clear selection under leaf surface to solve my problem. still working on roof and will try your recommendation if unsuccessful.

Sonoma 14.4.1

just wanted to thank you for getting my brain to engage and found these 2 links helpful and solved my problem.

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/76493/ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTY-zJuEtH0&t=1s 

Sonoma 14.4.1
mthd
Ace

@Zdenko, Thanks for posting the cut a hole in the roof and create an atrium video.

Have you seen this video about using a predefined dormer from the library that auto cuts into the roof ? That’s the easiest way to do it but taking the long way you learn to use the program better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83fwEyPaazs

Enjoy !

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Ventura

hot diggity dang mthd!!!! that is simply super awesome and wish i had known when working on this project.

Sonoma 14.4.1