cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

View range - wall problem when hidden

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys, i am new to ArchiCAD and my question may be stupid for you but please give me an answer if you have the time...
I am posting a picture so you can understand...
So i have 2 slabs on 2 different heights. 0.00 & 0.68m. Now between the two slabs i have a low height wall (like the one highlighted on the right) so that the 3d model should be correct.
In 2d (floor plan) this wall should not be visible as it is directly under the 0.68m slab. With the default ArchiCAD settings this wall is shown although the slab is above (is the slab transparent in 2d mode???) and i have managed to hide it by using ABSOLUTE DISPLAY LIMIT!!!!
Well i thought i had solved my problem because the wall disappeared BUT a new problem occured on the edges of the 2 long walls that are cut and are shown. The wall cut lines are broken at the same points where the hidden low height wall intersects with the 2 long walls!!!!....
I tried to use BRING TO FRONT with the 2 long walls but did not work...
Any suggestions???
Thank you in advance,
Nikos
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Slabs are indeed transparent in plan.
You can add a cover fill to them (in their settings dialogue) and then you can use the forward/backward display option or if you don't' want to see those wall in plan you could put them in a layer that gets turned of when viewing the plan but turned on when viewing elevations, sections & 3D.

Adding the extra layer may help with the cutting of the side walls.
The walls are simply trying to trim together - even hiding the layer will not stop them.
But each layer has a Layer Intersection Priority number (set in the layer settings dialogue).
If walls are in the same layer or in different layers that have the same priority number then they will try to trim if the reference lines touch.
Changing the number to be different for each layer will stop them trimming (setting to zero also does the same I believe).
These priority numbers are saved in your layer combinations so you can have the walls trim in one view (say elevations) but not in another (say plan) if you really want to.

Your other option it to trim/cut the walls so that the reference lines don't touch and they will not trim each other.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Eduardo Rolon
Another item to avoid the walls trimming is to assign them a different Building Material.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you guys for your answers. Very helpfull indeed!!!