Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Zone stamp that display story name??

maurotrotta
Enthusiast

I am trying to make Zone stamp that display the name of the room, the number of the room and also the floor where that room is, preferably as a prefix before the room number. My guess is that in the settings of the zone stamp, I should click on the "show classification and properties", but I don´t find any option to display the story. 

maurotrotta_0-1725620311591.png

I also would like to know, what´s the proper way to classify a zone, that could be easily place in a schedule to calculate their areas, for example. In my office we deal a lot with plans where we have to divide the different renter space in a building, and I don´t find a proper way to do this. My thinking is that I should assig this info in the zone and later I can make a schedule with all the info I need. So far I create properties that later appear in the zone classification but that means that every one of my colleagues have to create the same property that I did, which is not possible at the moment. I would like to use a clasification method that is already by default in archicad.

Operating system used: Windows

1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Usually, a Zone is classified as "Space" or any other type of space below the "Space" branch of the Archicad Classification (like "Residential Space", "Office Space", etc.).

I would try to create an Expression-based Property (e.g., "Zone Story Name") that generates the name of the story based on the "Home Story Number" General parameter. Then, make this "Zone Story Name" Property available for Space classifications, and then it will appear among the available Properties in the Zone Stamp. I don't know why the Home Story Name parameter does not appear in the list, but you can get its value with this workaround.

If you find that everyone in an office wants to use certain Properties, the best thing to do is to put them in your Template files. Then, they will be available in every future Project started from that Template file. In currently running Projects, you can export/import individual Properties if needed.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Setup info provided by author