Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

adding drawings to a layout

Anonymous
Not applicable
when adding drawings you used to be able to add more than one drawing at once to a layout - is there an option to click somewhere to enable multiple drawings to be placed to a layout ?? thanks
5 REPLIES 5
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
First, wen you say "drawings" do you mean external content i.e. dwgs, pdfs etc. or do you mean views from the model?

Either way you can place as many views (drawings) on a layout as you want. Either drag the views in the navigator on top of the layout or open the Organizer to drag and drop views.

Once placed in the layout, you can move and re-size the view windows. You can also create a grid in the Master Layout settings so that views can be placed in predefined boxes on your layout.

For external drawings, click File>External Content>Place External Drawings. If you open multiple drawings and you have setup a grid on your layout the drawings will be placed in the grids automatically.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am talking about placing internal views ( or external views)
I know you can add more than one but I want to select more than one at [/u]once - instead of having to add one then to go back and get another one
You used to be able to ctrl click more than one at once and it would dump them on the layout and then you organise them later - saves time
Eduardo Rolon
You can do that from the Navigator or the Organizer.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thats so simple - thanks
I always right clicked to add view
Anonymous
Not applicable
You can also drag and drop multiple selected views from View Map onto your layout.