cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

trace reference in layout book

Dave Brach
Expert
When in the layout book, why is it that, when I set the trace reference to another story level the "reset to default position" does not work? For instance if I have the second floor plan on a layout and set the first floor plan to show as trace reference, and reset to default position, the plans do not line up.
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you post a screenshot of this?
I cannot reproduce this on the latest build of ARCHICAD 21.
Are you using ARCHICAD 21 or an earlier version? It might be a good idea to fill in your signature in your Profile with this data so it is easier for us to help you.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Dave Brach
Expert
hi Laszlo; attached is a sceenshot. This is what I do: place a second floor plan on a layout; set first floor plan to trace reference; go to Trace >reset to default position; and the two plans do not line up. By the way, my signature is always on, you don't see it?
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Oh yeah, I can see your signature, I think I just did not see it while writing the reply (forum feature), and thought you do not have a signature.
About the issue: I do not really have any ideas about what could be causing this behavior. I wonder if you are on the latest update. And if not, if updating to it makes any difference.
Otherwise all I can do is to report it to GRAPHISOFT for investigation.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
felcunha
Expert
It happened to me sometimes when I had the plan view rotated. Try to reset it if it was the case.
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Dave Brach and felcunha,

I have tried this myself, but it didn't do this for me. Could you send me your projects in a Private Message, so that I can try that myself, and see what might cause it? Please also send pictures/instructions about where should I look.

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit