BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 23 crash on "New" or "Browse" at startup

Belak1
Participant
On welcome screen, when click on "New" or "Browse" tab, AC 23 crashing and open Bug reporter.
7 time will new instalation. Always same.
Bela
Please help.
Intel Core i5-6400 @2,70GHz
16GB RAM
Radeon RX470
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Are you still trying to use the demo version on Windows 10 (1903) as in this post of yours?

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=68090

If so then just reply to that post rather than creating a new one.

As suggested it may have something to do with that Windows version.
Last time I looked my Windows had not upgraded to this version so I can't say if it is a problem or not.

If you are using a FULL licensed version then you can contact your local Archicad support.
I am not sure if you will have access that support with a trial version.
But I would hope they would tell you if there are any conflicts with that Windows build.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Belak1
Participant
Yes. It is Win 10 ver. 1909.
Thank you.
Belak1
Participant
ww_icl_redist_intel64_2016.4.246.msi. At this step, the installation stops for a few moments. It'll be over soon after. You can't use the uninstall feature later. If I reinstall the program, it stops and freezes in the same place. The uninstall feature does not work again.
How can resolve this ?
Thanks

Win 10 Pro 1909
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Belak1 wrote:
ww_icl_redist_intel64_2016.4.246.msi. At this step, the installation stops for a few moments. It'll be over soon after. You can't use the uninstall feature later. If I reinstall the program, it stops and freezes in the same place. The uninstall feature does not work again.
How can resolve this ?
Thanks

Win 10 Pro 1909
Hi,

Thank you for sharing the issue and I am sorry about the experience!

From your last post, I'm not entirely sure what is the exact issue that you are having. Are you trying to install/uninstall, and it gets stuck at some point, or are you still experiencing crashes, and trying to remove the program?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having the same issue. ArchiCAD 23 installed properly, no errors. On the start window, ie. where you select new project or teamwork. ArchiCAD freezes and is "not responding" when I click the new project or teamwork button.

I have tried reinstall multiple times with no luck.

on windows 10
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you for the question and I am sorry about the issue!

This issue can happened because of 2 reasons: either licensing related or driver related.

At startup dialog, after clicking New/Browse, ARCHICAD will look for the license, also request some information from the hardware. If something is preventing it from doing these tasks, ARCHICAD will freeze at startup, and will take a lot of time to get the necessary information for running.

Antivirus/firewall programs tend to block/slow down the communication from ARCHICAD to the license server. Running in DEMO mode will confirm this. If that's the case, please make sure the AV/Firewall programs will not alter the license checking process.

For the other case, if you are using Intel GPU to run ARCHICAD, outdated driver will obstruct the startup process. If this is the case, please update the Intel GPU driver to the latest version (27.20.100.8280).

I hope this will help you with the issue. Let me know how it goes!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Minh.

Ci said that this is a known issue with compatibility on Windows 10. I got it working in compatibility mode.
Learn and get certified!