cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad wont start...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

Im hoping someone can help me...

I recently downloaded Archicad 14 EDU and aquired a one year licence... Upon attemping to run it on my machine it just hangs on the splash screen...

I attemped to run a copy of Archicad 13 that I downloaded from the Graphisoft website archives and its the same problem...

I tried turning off all antiviris, restarting, rebooting, internet, no internet, re installing, and I even tried to run both programs (with the same key) on my brothers computer but I have had no luck at all...

The same hanging at the start/splash screen or whatever over and over... Can someone please help me,

Thanks in advance
7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly
Have a look at this ArchicadWiki page.
It should point you in the right direction.

http://www.archicadwiki.com/ArchiCAD14/InstallProblems

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
hmm

I dont have a protection key, I was sent a one year license because im a student... is there anything else I can try?

thanks for your reply
Barry Kelly
The very first time you run Archicad after installing it a dialogue box ususally pops up asking if you want to allow or block internet access.
Maybe this is hiding in the background.
Wait a few moments after starting and then just press the Enter key.
Or try Alt-Tab to cycle through the running applications to see if anything is hiding.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried what you said but it didnt work :s

Ive made sure there is not antiviris running and my firewall off... my cursor says that archicad is loading but if i ctrl-alt-delete it says not responding...

I have no idea why it would do this...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Try cleaning out the preferences as explained in this article.

http://archicadwiki.com/preferences%20cleaning?action=show&redirect=Preference+Cleaning
Anonymous
Not applicable
sorry guys, that didn't work either...

I found all the files and registry entities mentioned and deleted them but to no effect... man this is silly...

I cant understand why its the same on two of the PC's in my house... maybe there's something else blocking them from updating or something?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have just run across this same condition possibly. I'm doing a new install on Windows 7 64 bit and skipped the Quicktime install thinking I'd get the latest from Apple. AC 14 was hanging at the splash screen until I then installed Quicktime.
I also had a protection key across the network that may have caused trouble at install. I disconnected the network and tried starting AC14 in demo mode and got past the first hanging hurdle with another Win 7 security screen to allow the program to run. It hung on the next loading segment because Quicktime wasn't there.