Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Cannot Write Output File

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where can I send my file to find out what's going on? I have a fairly simple model, and I just want to save it out to .atl format so I can render it.

Yet I get this message. I purged every unused attribute, and have tried everything I can think of. To no avail.

Having used AC since version 9, this problem has been around for ages. What is going on?

Graphisoft -

If you want your users to be happy, you should include some information with your error messages. It is ludicrous that you are in version 12 and this is still an issue. What could possibly be preventing you from implementing this? All you have to do is generate a log for file export - then users could view the log and see what is going wrong.
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
tomas_g wrote:
Everything worked fine a week ago, I do not know what happened... and it is same with any project I open.

Was there an operating system upgrade a week ago?
Or did you install some new software or drivers?

Is it possible to roll your operating system back a couple of weeks to when it did work properly?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have tried to roll everything back, but it did not work. Finaly I had to reset my notebook to factory settings, reinstall everything from scratch and now it seems to work O.K.