BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Drag and drop doesn't work and print screen problem

HIstvan
Newcomer

Archiad version 23 (7000 HUN FULL).  Drag and drop function (for example .jpg, dwg, pdf) into the plan from the file manager is not working. The same thing happens on floor plan, sections, layouts, etc. It just shows a red forbidden sign. I reinstalled the archicad. I updated the program. I run the archicad with administrator privilage, but it doesn't work. Other functions work fine. If I use older version for example archicad 15 there is working. I can use only the external drawing placement, but I don't like it :D.

And another problem that, when i would like to use the windows print screen function, it doesn't work. I press the print screen button and nothing happens. 😞

Thanks for your help.

Steve

Operating system used: Windows 11 pro 23H2

IMG_20231212_105424.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly

Drag & drop should work unless you have some other command active in Archicad and you are sure you are dragging the correct file (image file).

The print screen function is an operating system setting and nothing to do with Archicad.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein

Your screenshot shows you using a file manager called Total Commander.  Do you get the same behavior when using Windows' own File Explorer?

There should be no problem with either of the issues you raise... nobody else has ever reported these issues, so there must be something going on with your OS due to extensions or something else that has nothing to do with Archicad 23...

For the future, please include only a single issue in a new post ... with a subject line for that issue. 🙂

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
kuvbur
Enthusiast

I also have problems with the print screen. In Windows 11 Pro 22H2, when the Archicad 25 window is active, screen capture by pressing printscreen does not work. If you move the focus to another window, it works again.

Structural engineer, developer of free addon for sync GDL param and properties

Do you have some driver that is disabling your Windows key when the AC window is active?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

This could also be some kind of incompatibility between Archicad 23 (original poster's version) and the latest version of Windows.

It would be interesting to know if the same thing is happening in Archicad 26 and 27 because those versions are supposed to be compatible with the latest version of Windows.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

I just tried in version 22 on a Windows 11 laptop, and it was fine dragging an image file from the default Windows Explorer.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author

Learn and get certified!