Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Graphics issues that happen on AC 27 in Mac

Narska
Advocate

Does anyone know when the graphics issues that happen on AC 27 in Mac plan to be resolved? I had been part of beta testing about eight months ago now when these issues first came up...

I got a message from Graphisoft a month ago asking if I wanted to be part of a hotfix trial. YES. But alas, it was a tease; they never got back to me.

Hopefully, I'll be able to use AC 27 sometime before the launch of 28.

Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
15 REPLIES 15
runxel
Legend

My guess is as good as yours.

Which issue do you face? On my Mac it seems to run fine so far.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

DEF-14953 (Archicad's windows become unresponsive and might turn red or grey on macOS)

Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect
Eduardo Rolon

Saw the gray window today on a MacTel iMac, though I have had no issues on a M1 Max.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

I have a MacBook Pro with an M1 and a Mac Pro with an Intel chip. Both eventually get the grey/red death screen—it's just a matter of time.

Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect

Hopefully it’ll be fixed in the first update to Archicad 27. The update preview will probably be released soon so at least you’ll be able to check the release notes. Most of the issues with AC26 seem to have been fixed in the upcoming update. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.2 | Archicad 28 TP Apple Silicon
macOS Sequoia (15)
Romans
Expert

Same here: Just teasing the fix almost 3 weeks ago...

Unbelievable!

Apple iMac Pro with macOS Sonoma, AC 5.0 to 27 INT and GER, all the latest

As far as I know and have experience: this problem is bound to Intel-based Macs with AMD GPUs.

@Romans I have an Intel iMac Pro desktop with a Radeon GPU and an M1 ARM Macbook, and it happens on both. The most disappointing thing is that this issue was brought up something like three days into beta testing, and nothing was done. It was still there during the tech preview, and nothing was done. And it is now in the full release, with no sight of a patch coming.

Tomasz Mlynarski
New York based Architect

Hi Tomasz,

Yes, it is an absolute disaster, and it also shows a high level of ignorance from GS towards a massive user base (the Intel-Mac customers).

AC27 is not usable in 3D. This is a complete failure of the application — it is time to ask for compensation.

Interestingly, we have this problem only on our iMac Pros, iMacs, and MacPro, but not on our M1 MacBookPro.

Here are other posts about this problem:
AC27 IntelMacs: 3D view causes the freezing of all...

Archicad 27 doesn't work on Intel-based iMac with AMD graphics card