Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Pen set saved w/ view set in AC10

Scott Bulmer
Booster
We have been unable to save a pen set with a view set, and have the pen set change back when a different view set is selected. Is this normal in 10?
Thanks,
Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
9 REPLIES 9
TomWaltz
Participant
The Pen Set is controlled when the View is placed onto the Layout with the Drawing Tool. It's not a View Set setting.

There is also a "working pen set" (my term) that is the pen set you current ly see. It is not part of the view set and is controlled separately. Yes, it would have made sense to make it part of the view set.
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Virtuoso
Scott wrote:
We have been unable to save a pen set with a view set, and have the pen set change back when a different view set is selected. Is this normal in 10?
Yes.

Save your pen set under a new name and it will be included in the view.

Don't forget that you can assign a different pen set in the Layout (Used to be PlotMaker).

Clear as mud?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Djordje
Virtuoso
Scott wrote:
Yes.

Don't forget that you can assign a different pen set in the Layout (Used to be PlotMaker).

Clear as mud?
Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Virtuoso
Scott wrote:
Yes.

Clear as mud?
Djordje

HP Omen
Thomas Holm
Booster
Djordje, Djordje, Djordje. You're leaning on the Submit button!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Djordje
Virtuoso
Thomas wrote:
Djordje, Djordje, Djordje. You're leaning on the Submit button!
OK, I'll shut up ...

... if I reach 4000 before the vacation O;)
Djordje

HP Omen
Thomas Holm
Booster
Djordje wrote:
Save your pen set under a new name and it will be included in the view. ... Clear as mud?
Mud it is... The only way I've found to save the current pen set under a new name in AC10 is this (there is no Save As button):

- Select any pen.
- Change something (i. e. change the pen weight from 0.35 to 0.30 or whatever)
- Do not click OK just wait - suddenly the current pen set is renamed to Custom and moved to the top of the list
- Change whatever you changed above back
- Rename and save the set. You now have an identical copy under a new name.

And Djordje
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Scott Bulmer
Booster
Gentlemen,

I may have misstated the issue. Defining & saving pensets is not the problem. Assigning a penset to a Plotmaker Layout is not the problem. Saving a particular pen set with a view set is the issue.

For instance; I've defined a Penset for 1/4" drawings, and one for 1/8" and smaller scale drawings (to be used for screen viewing).

Then if I define a floor plan view set with the 1/4" penset, then define a site plan viewset with the 1/8" PS, when I return to the floor plan view set the 1/8" PS remains. It's not a big deal, but I wanted to confirm that's the way it is (and that I'm not crazy).

Tom Waltz said it best:
It is not part of the view set and is controlled separately. Yes, it would have made sense to make it part of the view set.
Thanks again,

Scott
AC27 v. 4060 w/ MEP, Cadimage, Twinmotion 2023.2.2 using AC from AC6.0, 2021 MacPro M1 chip, Adobe CC. Used AC on both platforms.
Scott wrote:
I wanted to confirm that's the way it is (and that I'm not crazy).
I suspect we can only help you with the first issue.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10