Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Typefaces changing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an ArchiCAD file which I've been working on for 6 months. No problems until today when I noticed all text has changed to Arial Black Turkish, from Arial and Arial Black Western.

Is it a bug or is it me?

Dave
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
It's hard to imagine how you could have inadvertently gone through your entire file and changed all the text settings without noticing. (Unless of course you've been over-indulging in mind altering substances lately )

I would suspect some strange sort of file corruption, perhaps caused by a bug. The only other possibility is some sort of system/font problem. (I have always made a point not to learn too much about Windows fonts as I do all my serious graphics work on the Mac and I don't need the added headaches.)
Erika Epstein
Booster
A stab in the dark.
Probably way off base.
Is it just this project/file or all?
Could you or someone else (evil twin) been fooling around with the windows registry?

See AC help:
Using the Windows Registry
Some of the basic settings of ArchiCAD are written into the Windows Registry. This Section in the Registry is created by the ArchiCAD Installer program or by the very first start-up of ArchiCAD or PlotMaker under the Key Name: "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD" or "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Graphisoft\ PlotMaker". Every time you run ArchiCAD or PlotMaker the program will read, modify and write back information into the ArchiCAD and PlotMaker registry. If this section is missing, ArchiCAD or PlotMaker will automatically create a new one and save the default settings.

The above ArchiCAD Registry entry contains several subkeys. (Because the ArchiCAD and PlotMaker Registry keys are quite similar, only the ArchiCAD subkeys will be described here). The most important of these are:

Last Started Version: Under this Key Name, you can find the name and version number of the ArchiCAD version that was last started, for example: Last Started Version "ArchiCAD for TeamWork 8.1 INT".

ArchiCAD for TeamWork 8.1 INT (or the ArchiCAD name and version number actually written after the Last Started Version Key Name in the previous section): This section contains (among other information used for internal purposes only) three important Keys: Default TrueType Font, Large Dialog Font and Small Dialog Font.

Default TrueType Font: After this Key Name you will find a Windows TrueType font name which will be used by ArchiCAD both in the Floor Plan and in the dialog boxes whenever a desired font does not exist, is missing or has been deleted. The most important effect of this Registry entry is that if you import an ArchiCAD project file from another platform (e.g. MacOS), every font name that is used in the ArchiCAD project but doesn't exist in Windows will be displayed with this default TrueType font. If the font name defined by the Default TrueType Font Registry Key Name is also missing from the system, the Windows default GUI font will be used instead.

Large Dialog Font: The Key Value defined here is used in ArchiCAD dialog boxes for any text whose size is at least 12 points.

Small Dialog Font: The Key Value defined here is used in ArchiCAD dialog boxes for any text whose size is 9 points.

Example of the default values of the ArchiCAD Windows Registry keys:

Default TrueType Font "Arial"
Large Dialog Font "MS Sans Serif"
Small Dialog Font "Arial"
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
This happens all the time in my files, usually right after saving to a PMK file.

Grant
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is one case I know of: Autosaved information does not contain Font information. So after AC crashed for some reason and you opened the offered Autosave file, this might happen.
Could this be the case?
Laszlo
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm not on drugs and do not have an evil twin, so I assume it could be a bug.

I asked around the office and something similar has happened to another guy's job, he also does not take drugs or have an evild twin, so I assume it could be a bug.

I did however notice that the fonts had changed to the font 9th up on the list.

Dave
__archiben
Booster
csparchitects wrote:
I'm not on drugs and do not have an evil twin, so I assume it could be a bug.

I asked around the office and something similar has happened to another guy's job, he also does not take drugs or have an evild twin, so I assume it could be a bug.

I did however notice that the fonts had changed to the font 9th up on the list.

Dave
make sure you are using the 8.1v2b patch available here . . . and ! (third "major inconsistency" on the list).

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup