Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

apply my own finishes

Anonymous
Not applicable
how can I apply my own material as the floor , wall finifhes
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
In plan? In section/3D?

For rendering? Hidden line? "Photo" rendering?

For quantity calculation?
Anonymous
Not applicable
my point is how to give a certain finishing to the external building wall which gives the over all look to the building....
If I am correct this is the same material which I am applying first when giving the wall properties during the constructon of the model>>
which is also edditable..
there fore what if want to apply my own material..to give a desired look to the building ?in the 3d result aswel..
__archiben
Booster
ihsan wrote:
my point is how to give a certain finishing to the external building wall which gives the over all look to the building....
If I am correct this is the same material which I am applying first when giving the wall properties during the constructon of the model>>
which is also edditable..
there fore what if want to apply my own material..to give a desired look to the building ?in the 3d result aswel..
having just read your post about creating high-rise buildings, i'm guessing that what you are talking about is mapping a complete 'building' image (glass, concrete, cladding, warts and all, etc...) as a texture onto a large 3D form?

you can do this by creating your own material, (Options>Materials... then duplicate an existing material), and editing it to include a 'texture' in the form of an image of the type of building you are looking to produce.

however, if i am right in my assumption that this is related to your other post, you may want to look a "piranesi" as a program that can 'paint' this kind of effect onto basic models, giving them an implied level of detail at the early stage of projects before this detail is actually modelled in archiCAD.

the website (and demo download) is at:
http://www.informatix.co.uk/piranesi/product_information_overview.shtml

and an example of the kind of thing i suspect you're looking for:
http://www.informatix.co.uk/piranesi/gallery/ywa.jpg

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear mr ~/archiben

thanking you for the references...

My point was to apply grouves on the ext. wall material to semulate the floors levelsin the 3d in order to save using floor by floor strategy,,,
this will help especially with the high rise buildigs ,,,,,especially when I dont have uniformed typical floors plan,,

can I do this...?

thanks in advance
Djordje
Virtuoso
ihsan wrote:
My point was to apply grouves on the ext. wall material to semulate the floors levelsin the 3d in order to save using floor by floor strategy,,,
You have to create a material that will simulate the grooves. Modeling them makes no sense - you can, of course, but that is complicating too much.

If the grooves are distributed in a regular manner, create the texture simply by drawing the pattern in Photoshop or similar software. Also, create the fill pattern that has the same lines arrangment. In the new material, apply the texture and the fill to it. The texture works in renderings, the fill works in elevations and sections. Done.

Oh, yeah ... one more thing: the pixel size of the texture has to match the real units (whichever you are using) of the fill pattern.

Recommended reading:

- Dwight's book on rendering (excellent section on textures)
- How to create symbol fill

HTH.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen