Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

help file missing: index.htm - need free ArchiCAD literature

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am a new user of ArchiCad. I have just recently installed it on my computer (WinXP Home, SP2), and I had a problem starting ArchiCAD's HELP.

There seems to be index.htm file missing in my help folder (.../ArchiCAD 9\Help\ArchiCAD\Files) and I don't know how is that possible. And because of it, I am unable to use help documentation, which is very essential to me, since I am a beginner.

I tried downloading complete documentation from archicad.com, but unfortunately there is no such option on their site, they just offer online documentation.

If it's possible, could somebody send me that missing file from his/her owns help folder on their local drive? My email is emailzasve [et] gmail [dot] com.
Or you could tell me about some good literature on ArchiCAD in pdf format with tutorials and ect... and where to download it.

Otherwise, please advise me what to do?

Thanks in advance.
4 REPLIES 4
TomWaltz
Participant
There should be several PDFs on your installation CD, possibly already copied into your installation folder.
Tom Waltz
Djordje
Ace
Saša wrote:
I am a new user of ArchiCad. I have just recently installed it on my computer (WinXP Home, SP2), and I had a problem starting ArchiCAD's HELP.
You have to be online in order to use the Help.

The documentation in PDF format is in C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 9\Graphisoft Documentation folder

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
You're right! I successfully found the PDFs.
Hec, I don't know how in world did I miss that.

Hvala još jednom!
Thanks once more!
Djordje
Ace
Saša wrote:
Hec, I don't know how in world did I miss that.
Very easy to miss ... and not documented (sic!) anywhere.

Nema na čemu
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen