BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Bathroom fixtures missing in AC 12 US library?

AC 12 2420 Mactel, and library up to date. I only get the wc basin etc. 2D symbols, and don't have the models.

Maybe with the CSI sections reshuffling the bathroom fixtures models just got lost somewhere? Or am I missing something big?
11 REPLIES 11
Djordje

If I understand the MEP documentation correctly, the plumbing parts lose their MEP 'smarts', lock themselves down so that they must be unlocked to be edited.

They regain their smarts once opened with an MEP enabled ArchiCAD.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Karl Ottenstein
Aaron wrote:
If I understand the MEP documentation correctly, the plumbing parts lose their MEP 'smarts', lock themselves down so that they must be unlocked to be edited.

They regain their smarts once opened with an MEP enabled ArchiCAD.
That's correct, Aaron. Good to point that out.

But, lest it sound scary to anyone - the 'smarts' are not truly 'lost', but are simply not active, and the 'lock' is just the ordinary AC lock/unlock, so easy to either unlock everything from the Edit menu, or just a particular object from its context menu.

Yes, when opened again with an AC with the MEP add-on installed and licensed, if the hotspots of MEP-enabled parts are adjacent to one another, then the pieces are once again recognized as a system.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!