cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Complex poly math question.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hey all,

I have a fairly complex math question (or at least for me). In a gdl object i want to draw a polygon that has 2 sides made from a curve and 2 sides a straight line. This is easy enough but i also want to fillet where they join, see sketch.

Does anyone know the how to work out the formula for this, i believe the formula lies in analytical geometry but is a bit beyond me.

P.S. I realise 2 lines can be filleted using status codes using poly_b but i need to know the start, end and centre points of the fillet when a straight line and curve intersect to use this.

Thanks for any help

Page0001.jpg
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
LiHigh wrote:

You are right!

The Fix:

!-----------------------------------------
r2 = r1 + d
u = ASN(f/(r2-f))
w = ASN(f/(r1+f))
Thanks again guys for the solution.

LiHigh, do you mind if i post this and illustration on www.gdldeveloper.com aswell. I think others will find this very useful.
LiHigh
Newcomer
Mark wrote:

Thanks again guys for the solution.

LiHigh, do you mind if i post this and illustration on www.gdldeveloper.com aswell. I think others will find this very useful.
No, I don't mind.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT