cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Door Leaf Options Empty

ETSaum
Booster

If I'm right, this isn't a new issue, but still a vexing one.

Seemingly at random, computers in the office will *forget* all of the Custom Door Leaf options. Screenshot is from my Windows laptop, but the same thing happens on Mac desktop.

I can *create* custom door leafs that then show up as options for other computers in the office, but my options remain empty. I created one again today as a test, and then checked on the Principal's Mac, and, lo and behold, there it was.

It's clearly a library issue, as the computers don't seem to be looking in the Embedded Library for door leaf options (there are 40+ of them). In each instance, a computer that initially showed the options later decided not to, and to register the door leaf options as empty.

What workaround / fixes have folks come across?

Screenshot 2024-04-12 170723.png

Operating system used: Windows

Edward Saum
Windows 11, AC Version 27
edward@fdgarchitecture.com
12 REPLIES 12

It being a .lcf should not matter as the writing to the Door Panel Collection is file specific and temporary.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Yes, I just tested and the macro does get updated even when it is in an .LCF

BarryKelly_0-1714099814024.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

@Barry Kelly wrote:

I will have to do some experimenting to find out exactly what happens.

I just tested, and the 'Door_Panel_Collection.gsm' object inside the .LCF does get updated.

There doesn't seem to be any copy of it in the user folders.

@ETSaum , I am not sure why your 'Door_Panel_Collection.gsm'macro is not being updated.

It shouldn't be a read/write access problem as this is in the default library in the Archicad program folders.

And you would have had the correct write access to install the program.

Do you have other libraries loaded rather than just the default 26 library?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author