cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Door Marker does not update ID

martin-b
Booster

I have a project in AC24, where I have a problem with my Door Markers that do not show correct values for Element IDs. 

I have changed my IDs in a door schedule and I thought everything was OK, but then I've noticed that all my doors still show the old, unchanged ID. 

Has anyone else come across something similar? The Marker I'm using is a standard marker from our localized Archicad.

8 REPLIES 8
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Can you show a few screenshots?

Are the Doors locked by any chance? Or are they located on a locked Layer?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
martin-b
Booster

It is a Teamwork file, but I have reserved all the Doors before changing the IDs, otherwise I could not edit them through a Schedule.

They are not locked, nor are they on a locked Layer.

Here in my screenshot, I've created a new test door, named it "Test" and then in a Schedule renamed it to "Test01".

The ID parameter in the Door Settings is showing correctly, but the Marker shows the old ID. It only updates when I select the door in a plan view and do some change to the settings - for example change its fire rating.

martinb_1-1703147423599.png

martinb_4-1703147812431.png

martinb_5-1703147839900.png

I havent tested it, but I do wonder if Barry's solution to a similar problem would apply here

@Barry Kelly  wrote:

There is a command you can add into your Work Environment (menus or toolbars or keyboard shortcuts).

But it seems to take quite a long time to run, and that was in an almost empty template with just a few dozen objects placed.

Xandros_0-1703152028978.png

ArchiCAD 27 GER / Win10
Intel i9-9900K / 64GB RAM / nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Yves
Advocate

Hi,
I confirm the problem after a test on archicad 23
I also tested the run parameter script without success
For it to update, simply select all the doors in 3D, edit and ok, no need to modify a parameter.

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13
Yves
Advocate

And if you use labels with auto text they will be updated automatically

Yves Houssier
Belgium
Archicad 19 -> 24
iMac - Mac Os 10,13
martin-b
Booster

Yes, I've tested it on an empty default AC Template in AC24 and the bug was there too, not only in my file. Fortunately it seems to be fixed in later versions, or at least in AC27 that I tested.

I think I'll go with labels then, that seems safer. Otherwise it could potentially be an expensive mistake if someone forgot to "update" all doors before the project is submitted.

@Yves wrote:

I also tested the run parameter script without success

What about a 'Rebuild & Regenerate' command.

Shortcut is CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+R on a windows machine.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
martin-b
Booster

Rebuild & Regenerate has no effect, the Markers do not change.

The only thing that updates them (as far as I know) is to change some random parameter outside of Schedules.

If it was just a single occasion when I would need them to update, opening the 3D model and changing all doors at once, like Yves said, would be the best option.

However, if it is a larger project with many people involved, or a project that is put on hold for some time and then reopened, there is a high chance that this moment would be missed and it can lead to wrong annotations on plan.