cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

GDL Editor

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I want to know is there any standalone GDL editing software available which can work without Archicad?

Also what is future of GDL technonology, is archicad going to promote it?

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
Djordje
Ace
Used to be ...

Black Turtle?

There were others ... long ago.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I looked into this in February, and here's what i found out:

Developing GDL - the big picture

- Jeppe
Djordje
Ace
Check GDL Talk at Yahoo groups. Still works.

Check also selfgdl, the selfless effort of the local German GDL gurus.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Frank Beister
Advisor
AFAIK: GDL Technology is closed. GDL will not be promoted outside of ArchiCAD. There are lot of promises, but few to see. GDL as feature doesn 't sell.
Check also selfgdl, the selfless effort of the local German GDL gurus.
Sorry, but you can get "only" GDL syntax and tips over there. No tips for editors. There are not much more editors than ArchiCAD and ArchiCAD out there. You can use a XML editor and the XML converter too, but testing is a bit tediously.

A good place to look for GDL, not only for free and commercial objects, is www.gotogdl.net. OpenGDL.org was thought for an open source development platform and could fit for you, but was slumbering in the last years. It will be reloaded soon, but this does not help in the moment. But you can still find there a syntax file for PROTON editor, if you need syntax highlightning. I have here the updated file for AC10 offline. PM me, if you are interested.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for everyones reply. It is really sad to know that there is no major development happening for such a great scripting langauge.

Anyway can someone suggest me how to batch convert pln files to jpg/pdf format?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Use the Publisher in ArchiCAD. It is designed to do exactly that.
Saving to JPG may not be very good, but PDf should be fine.
See the documentation for instructions on how to use the Publisher.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having 350+ details files in pln format, Can I batch print this details in pdf format with publisher in one go?

I have gone publisher documentation as per my understanding we can publish document which are already present in Archicad project.
Anonymous
Not applicable
prashant.gholap wrote:
I am having 350+ details files in pln format, Can I batch print this details in pdf format with publisher in one go?

I have gone publisher documentation as per my understanding we can publish document which are already present in Archicad project.
If they are all in the same file it will be fairly easy. Just set up a Publisher set, drag and drop the views, and adjust the settings as needed. If they are in multiple files you will need to repeat this process in each file. OR... You might be able to link all the views into one master file and publish all in one go. This should work but I am not sure it would be any easier.