Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Move Embedded library objects to by default library of Archicad ?

maurotrotta
Enthusiast

I am trying to create a set of objects with specific settings that I can later share with my colleagues at the office. Some of the objects are downloaded from the internet and those goes to the embedded library, and works fine in the file I am working. But if a colleague is working in another file, the only way I can share the embedded object is to export it from the library manager, send it to him and later he have to add it to his embedded library. Other objects that are already in the by default library of archicad, and can be simply exported from the favorite bar, and my colleague can imported from his favorite bar. I wonder if there is a way to make this procedure into a single step procedure, something like adding all the embedded library into the by default archicad library, then I just have to export all the objects from the favorite bar and my colleague just have to import them from his favorite bar.

Operating system used: Windows

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Create a new folder on your shared storage solution and add that folder to the loaded libraries on your template and any other relevant files. You can then place any objects you want in said folder for everyone to use. This folder could be office wide, or even project specific.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

Solution

@maurotrotta wrote:

The issue I have now is that those objects are not saved with the settings I would like to (countour pen, minimal space, etc.) Is there a way to do this? or I should export as my favorites to the office server so everyone import them later to their file?

If you open the object's GDL scripts (select object  and press CTRL+SHIFT+O), you can then set the parameter values to those that you want as default.

Then save the object (do not 'save as' as that will create a new object and won't link to those already placed in the model).

Other users that have Archicad already running, they will need to re-load the office library with the Library Manager to see any changes for future objects to be placed.

It will not affect the the parameters of already placed objects.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Create a new folder on your shared storage solution and add that folder to the loaded libraries on your template and any other relevant files. You can then place any objects you want in said folder for everyone to use. This folder could be office wide, or even project specific.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Thanks, that works. Now I am making a new folder where I am saving, through the library manager, all the relevants objects that we use at the office. Then my colleagues can simply add the folder through library manager in their files. The issue I have now is that those objects are not saved with the settings I would like to (countour pen, minimal space, etc.) Is there a way to do this? or I should export as my favorites to the office server so everyone import them later to their file?

Solution

@maurotrotta wrote:

The issue I have now is that those objects are not saved with the settings I would like to (countour pen, minimal space, etc.) Is there a way to do this? or I should export as my favorites to the office server so everyone import them later to their file?

If you open the object's GDL scripts (select object  and press CTRL+SHIFT+O), you can then set the parameter values to those that you want as default.

Then save the object (do not 'save as' as that will create a new object and won't link to those already placed in the model).

Other users that have Archicad already running, they will need to re-load the office library with the Library Manager to see any changes for future objects to be placed.

It will not affect the the parameters of already placed objects.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Setup info provided by author