BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Saving embedded object to library buggy

Rick Thompson
Expert
i think this is yet another StairMaker/Embedded library bug, but anyone know a work around?

If I take a newly created stair, which is auto saved to the Embedded library, and then select it and save to a folder in "MyLibrary" it want reload for further use. It is in that folder as per Finder (Mac menu). so it's there, but will not show as available in the library after reloading... or in another pln, (reloaded library) which is where I want to use it, and a few others that are missing in action. All the stairs I have make in AC13 and saved to my library for further use are there in the library, but not accessible in the Stair Object menu. I'm not getting along very well with this new feature.

The only work around I have found is to copy/paste that stair from another pln into the new Embedded library.

thanks
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
11 REPLIES 11
Karl Ottenstein
lucybest wrote:
I really hope you can bring back the ability to keep created stairs and objects in our custom linked library... not limited to an embedded one. I am fine if once placed that object/stair is embedded, but I need easy fast access for many common stair configurations.
That functionality has never been lost. Just save the object from the embedded library into your linked library folder. Simple. (Select the embedded object and click the button with the disk icon. Then delete the embedded object and reload your libraries.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Is there any white paper on the suggested workflow to create library parts for distribution? Especially in a TEAMWORK SETTING?

Should I keep an OBJECT MAKER file open all the time and create parts there?

I see the EXPORT EMBEDDED TO DISK, but this seems odd at best.

Anyway... if there exists such a paper, please let me know....
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Learn and get certified!