Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Surfaces Not Showing in Hotlinked Modules

arlouper
Contributor

I've got  site file that I then hotlink in several buildings. Usually this works fine, however, now the surface materials on the walls of the buildings aren't showing on the hotlinked modules. Slabs, roofs, etc. all the other elements seem to show the correct surface material.

6 REPLIES 6
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Can you show a few screenshots, like how it looks and how it is supposed to look?

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
spryan
Contributor

Im having the same issue.

spryan_0-1689169147790.png

Building embedded as a .pln module surfaces on walls not appearing correctly, it shows the core material, on some wall surfaces.

The file alone in 3D, not embedded, surfaces are fine.

spryan_1-1689169261094.png

Any words of wisdom?  I've replaced the elements, offset them, and refreshed them many times.  Checked all the model view and structure view settings.

I wondered about attribute IDs, but they're the same model to model, and why would it be only some walls?

Any feedback is appreciated.

spryan
Contributor

If I save the model as a .gsm, and insert it as an object, surfaces appear fine.  The issue with that is I lose layer control and embedded Enscape assets (objects) disappear.

spryan
Contributor

If the modules are inserted into a new file, everything works.  Perhaps rebuilding the entire model, copy and paste might be fix.

I wondered about attribute IDs, but they're the same model to model

If these are composite walls, did you check that those match too? And remember, they go by ID# not name.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
spryan
Contributor

They all sync up as well; materials, composites, surfaces, all the same IDs