Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window Problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seriously, what does Graphisoft expect me to do with this information (see attached) when a window parameter is wrong? Nothing is zero and I made a dozen modifications before this showed up.... How am I supposed to find the incorrect parameter?

This is as much a rhetorical post as anything...

Picture 2.png
5 REPLIES 5
TomWaltz
Participant
Usually I just end up resetting the object to its defaults and starting over.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Usually I just end up resetting the object to its defaults and starting over.
Yeah, me too..... It's just frustrating..
Anonymous
Not applicable
There should be an option to save all parametersettings in an object as XML so we could mail this to GraphiSoft so they could make their objects more stable.

Maybe Favourites could work for this?
Frank Beister
Mentor
You can request the settings of objects in the project by doing a SQL request

calculation mneu>SQL>request:
SELECT * FROM OBJECTS WHERE LIBRARY_PART_NAME='objektname'

Your browser will show the elements and its settings in a table.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem here is that objects are being asked to create complex assemblies that are beyond the capability (practically speaking) of the programming environment and user tools available. I don't believe that it is possible to fix this just by making incremental improvements and patches to the existing parts. We need a fundamentally better way to work with these things.

In the mean time I too just reset to defaults and start over. Either that, or I make simpler parts from scratch that don't fail due to their ability to do a hundred things that I don't need.