Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

custom door panels come in too small

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi, have you guys made any custom door panels yet in 13?
I did, and when i put it in my model they show up too small.
22 REPLIES 22
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Steve,
In AC13 there is no "Custom Door Panel" option. There is only "Custom Door Leaf" option.
But in AC12 there is "Custom Door Panel" option.
So the same thing is called differently in the two versions.
So I am thinking maybe you had both AC12 and AC13 libraries loaded and the subtypes got mixed up somehow.
When you save as Archive, only one was saved - this may be why it worked after reopening the PLA: there was no two versions anymore to get mixed up.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:
Steve,
In AC13 there is no "Custom Door Panel" option. There is only "Custom Door Leaf" option.
But in AC12 there is "Custom Door Panel" option.
So the same thing is called differently in the two versions.
So I am thinking maybe you had both AC12 and AC13 libraries loaded and the subtypes got mixed up somehow.
When you save as Archive, only one was saved - this may be why it worked after reopening the PLA: there was no two versions anymore to get mixed up.
I likely did have both of those libraries loaded. I did switch from 12 to 13 near the beginning of the project. I suspected it was something like what you describe. So adding to the possibilities I also had the AC11 migration library loaded because I had so many problems with AC12 doors in general...

I've certainly had my fair share of corrupted files over the years but this one was somewhat sneaky...

thanks for your help...
Anonymous
Not applicable
I found that my issue was having more than one Archicad library loaded. I think I had 12 & 13 loaded.