BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

rotate library parts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Pardon me if this has been asked before, but I could not find it searching the database:

when placing an object (library part) is there a method to allow it to rotate freely, according to mouse movement while placing? I have a situation where I need to pace several library parts, and they are all at different angles. It is a real pain to place then have to rotate. From my Autocad days, I recall that one could click the insertion point, then rotate the part to the desired angle. I thought I recalled doing this in Archicad, but I cannot find a method, toggle, check box, anything that will allow it to happen.

Also, I long for dynamic preview of ALL library parts!

Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14
Rakela Raul
Participant
thanku Peter,

i have playd w ur rotator and works nice...thanku !!!
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Raul,
Thank you for your comment.
Peter Devlin
Djordje
Ace
Peter,
Peter wrote:
Realizing there was a call for the ability to rotate objects and being inspired by Karl Ottenstein's "skewer.gsm", I wrote a very simple library part that rotates a library part in three axes. It is not fancy, it has it's problems, but its Free and I offer it here for what it is worth. See Attached. Peter Devlin
Can you please post it in the Depository?

Thanks,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
fuzzytnth3
Booster
Just wanted to say thanks Peter for posting the Rotator Object
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Anonymous
Not applicable
fuzzytnth3,
Your welcome.
Peter Devlin
Learn and get certified!