cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.
SOLVED!

Assigning a license to a user in BIMcloud Collaborate

andybartos
Booster

Good morning-

Our office has recently made the decision to move to BIMcloud Collaborate. I have been setting up the new cloud space and have invited all users to join. All members show up in the BIMcloud manager and the Company Members.

I started to assign licenses and began by assigning a license to one user. I did this by going to my company page, selected the user, and clicked on assign new. Now by this users name it has Archicad Collaborate, USA, Commercial license type and lists all that the user has access to including BIMcloud SaaS.

The user has received an email message stating that the new product is ready to use and clicks on the "Get Started" button. He then signed into his Graphisoft account that was setup by accepting his invitation sent by the administrator of the Company account. He clicked on manage account, selected licenses, and at Company License Tool it states "no license assigned to you." When trying to sign into the BIMcloud, a message says that he has successfully signed into his Graphisoft account, but he doesn't have a BIMcloud license yet.

Is there something else I have to do in the Manager or company store or anything else the user has to do to show that he has been assigned a license and can access the BIMcloud. Thanks in advance.

Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
macOS Monterey | Mac Studio-Apple M1 Max | 64 GB
Archicad 7 - 25
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I attached a few images I thought might help.

Screen Shot 2024-08-12 at 2.29.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-08-12 at 2.30.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-08-12 at 2.30.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-08-12 at 2.34.01 PM.png
Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
Archicad 7 - 25

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
andybartos
Booster

As an update, I did receive a message in the BIMcloud manager of Insufficient License- there are not enough available licenses. Out of 19 licenses, this is only the second I've assigned. I'm kind of stumped.

Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
Archicad 7 - 25
Solution

I attached a few images I thought might help.

Screen Shot 2024-08-12 at 2.29.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-08-12 at 2.30.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-08-12 at 2.30.19 PM.pngScreen Shot 2024-08-12 at 2.34.01 PM.png
Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
Archicad 7 - 25

Sorry for the running monologue here but I unplugged my codemeter key and I was able to connect to the new BIMcloud. Does that make any sense to anyone or just a coincidence? Anyway, I'm connected and the license for that user shows it connected. Weird!

Andrew Bartos
Breslin Architects
Archicad 7 - 25