BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Changing my GSID password to 1234 to avoid the Kill Switch

Eduardo Rolon

I can't find the post about the forced use of GSID for the software that I pay yearly to access but I was greeted today with this:

EduardoRolon_0-1673554003867.png

Only 16 days to authenticate so as a "savvy computer user and moderator" I open my password manager to copy/paste the long password and obviously GS in their Infinite Wisdom have decided that copy/paste is not allowed and I have to guess that I wrote my long password correctly.

Now I cannot log in using my regular GSID. I have reset the password to something that I can type without too much trouble and obviously easy to guess (because I cannot copy/paste) and now this is the message I get:

EduardoRolon_1-1673554672762.png

SO it looks like I only have 16 days left to use the software I pay for…

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

10 REPLIES 10

Thanks for the reply Beleznai but…

1. Only on GSID's kill switch requirement
  2. Only happens in AC and only with GSID
  3. Yes I can paste it all over the place using multiple password managers
  4. No way to check that

-----

This is not a technical support issue since the same thing happens with TW user passwords and is GS design issue. The actual main problem is not copy/pasting the password it is the requirement that in order to use my legally purchased software I need to log in to GS servers. This is a extremely antiuser requirement which on top of all of the other stuff with 26 makes my blood boil and thus the rants in the thread.

I just downloaded AC24 and 23 installers one of which does not require GSID in order to run it in a VM.

-----

PS

Anyway I think that either changing the user email or logging out by choice instead of being forced to did some reset and now I can use CMD+V to paste, though not a right click.

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!