cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Slab Thickness: Can't change it!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Heya, just downloaded the new archicad 10 for students and about to start a new project. for some reason im unable to change slab thickness in the settings window! i havent changed any settings since i downloaded it so could anyone let me know what i need to do?
12 REPLIES 12
Dwight
Newcomer
The slab is made from a composite material with a determined thickness.

Switch the slab section fill material to a tone or other non-composite.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
cheers all good!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
The slab is made from a composite material with a determined thickness.

Switch the slab section fill material to a tone or other non-composite.
How do you this? I'm having the same problem... can't find where to alter it. Cheers...!

-chris.-
TomWaltz
Participant
I don't want this to sound mean, but you might try the user manual or one of the tutorials that come with Archicad before you ask a question that simple.

Settings Menus are one of the first thing the tutorials cover.
Tom Waltz
Dwight
Newcomer
Yes, RTFM, but even experienced users (me) get flummoxed the first time that happens by accident.

Flummoxed : From the French. It means "Oxfart." - the sound your brain makes when it can't change slab thickness.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Okay. "Composite structures" applied to roofs, walls and slabs have a fill corresponding to a predetermined assembly thickness.

Select anything else for a fill and you can change the thickness.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight wrote:
Okay. "Composite structures" applied to roofs, walls and slabs have a fill corresponding to a predetermined assembly thickness.

Select anything else for a fill and you can change the thickness.

Thanks alot, mate! I guess I could've figured it out myself if I'd looked hard enough...but I tried for a while and couldn't find it. Cheers!!
Dwight
Newcomer
So let me warn you that Tom is right.

RTFM, twice.

The slab thickness thing is just one of many subtle adjustments that drive the lovely melody that was Archicad right into the ground.
Difficulties like yours show me how, in making the application so much better for experienced (architecturally AND softwarily (!)) professionals, it makes it harder for an unguided beginner to enjoy quick success.

There's a lot to learn and many pitfalls.

softwarily: From the English. To operate a computer program with caution.
Dwight Atkinson
justdhruv
Contributor
I think that is a step backwards. I want to have a 115 brick wall with plaster on both sides, totalling 139mm thickness. Unfortunately, neither does ArchiCAD 10 allow me to change the thickness from default 125 nor have i been able to find the place where i can configure this myself. Any ideas?
ArchiCAD 20. MacBook Pro 17", 2010
+ core i7 4970k Hackintosh