Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

not enough network license problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
my company bought 13 network license , but we only use 10 machine, however, there are sometimes not enough license for us, is it the problem of our server, or the problem of archicad 12?

i know may be double usage of one machine, but are there any software to show how many license are in use at the same time?
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
The KeyServer at the machine where the dongle actually is.

You should not have the problem of opening additional licenses on the same machine ... one for your tech support maybe?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Barry Kelly
From memory there is a setting in the key server software that you can set to cancel a user license once there machine has been idol for a certain period. Can't say exactly where the setting is as I don't have access to a server at the moment.

Some years ago we had the same problem with all licenses being used and not being released even after Archicad was shut down, but after I set this to 180 minutes we have never had the problem again.

180 minutes should be more than enough (for that long lunch break) and it is short enough so they will all reset overnight when not being used.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
kevin b
Contributor
We get a similar issue, One of our users tends to crash quite often, not sure why, but when this particular machine crashes, it does not seem to release the network key, so when this user launches ArchiCAD again, that machine is taking up two (or more) keys. We need to manually go in to the key server settings and cancel the extras.
kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram