Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D Terrain from 2D CAD - IDEAS ?

Hi I got 2D DWG with information of points and curves highs information.

My process was like :
1. Make a MESH
2. Use magic wand and make points and curve high on mesh ( very time consuming )
3. Manually writing highs ( tedius work )

My question is is there any faster or better solution 😉 ?
Take into consideration that I got just 2D DWG. I didn't get any excel points etc.

I would be very grateful for any faster and hack for it because I'm doing this quite often.

Thanks 😉

Skärmavbild 2022-01-25 kl. 17.54.24.jpgSkärmavbild 2022-01-25 kl. 17.54.45.jpgSkärmavbild 2022-01-25 kl. 17.55.04.jpg

AC 7 - 27 SWE

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020),

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB
5 REPLIES 5
Emoke Csikos
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi Vojtech,
I think you are looking for this: https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Design-articles/How-to-Create-a-Terrain-with-the-Mesh-Tool-Based...

I hope it helps.

BR,

Emőke
Update: sorry, I think you are already doing this. 

Emőke M. Csikós
Global Content Manager

Hi this is not exactly my point of this question.

I'm looking for how can I do it faster or easier way.

Your links is exactly how I'm working now and I'm little bit tired of this process. 
I would like to find some trick or something

AC 7 - 27 SWE

3,6 GHz 10-Core intel Core i9, 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB

Hello @Vojtech Slavik,

@Emoke Csikos is right, the best way to model a mesh is how you already do because we are able to generate a mesh from a xyz file but it goes to countless dots. These dots will have to be modified later
(as part of your project) one by one as you create them today. The ideal is therefore to model the points you need, or to add points as you need them. In the preliminary phase, you can, for example, content yourself with the points around the building and the outline of the plot and then add points according to your design.

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Djordje
Ace

This is the easiest way I know...

https://asiabim.wordpress.com/2016/03/15/creating-topography-in-Archicad-from-autocad-survey-data/
but you need someone who has AutoCAD

Even easier way is to ask the surveyor to send the XYZ text file, that he already has.

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Thanks, something new 👍
I'll take a look at it.
AutoCAD is really not my cup of tea, but I get XYZ, it will be awesome.

AC 7 - 27 SWE