Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

A R C H I C A D 1 5 - it's gotta be asked.

rob2218
Enthusiast
Ok, it's gotta be asked unless it's already been asked.
When? this year?
What can we speculate (wikileaks) the improvements would be to?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
64 REPLIES 64
Anonymous
Not applicable
Can't say that i have ever used MF, but i feel the pain other users feel when creating library parts. The problem appears to be two parts for mine, Archicad's ability to model complex forms, and the ability to have a GUI that suits the visual modelling perspective AC's users come from.

Whenever i see Grasshopper in action i just feel that's the way a BIM software needs to go, a nice easy way of creating parametric objects, in a visual way, but still allowing the power users to get in and script the objects to their desire.

The first step for archicad would be getting a new modelling engine in to allow the modelling capabilities to extend beyond what is currently possible. I'm surprised that they have not gone the vectorworks route and licensed a modelling engine from a third party to allow the third party to help push forward the engine and spread the cost of development around.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Until it's revealed we can live in hope. Adopting the vectorworks approach seems so very logical and offers the opportunity of a base engine across Nemescheck products=better than IFC translation of geometry.
Also the 3d engine in ArchiCAD is an approximation of the underlying geometry. Fine for rendering. Poor for accurate working drawings. How many times I've had to recreate geometry with 2d curves over a facetted section....
I believe modern engines are more sophisticated and retain the underlying geometry.
Ultimately it's a bit like a raster vs a vector based PDF. I know which I prefer when documenting.
So for me the GUI is a big issue, but so is the engine. How far will GS go?
Geof Gainer
Booster
Back to the giddy part of this thread...
laszlonagy wrote:
I had the luck of being shown by the guys at GS Product Design every little feature and option of what will be new in ArchiCAD 15.
Honestly, as an architect, I just got more and more excited as they told me all the various things they did.
I hope that a lot of people will really like it when it comes out.
Laszlo, could you finish the sentence: "I haven't been this excited about a new release since version __." If it's 10 I'm jumping up and down. If it's 14 I'm jumping out my window.
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
This is hard to tell because it is extremely subjective.
When I first saw Teamwork 2 for example, I was really excited. Yet some people say they have no use for it.
So I would not dare to say anything.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geof wrote:
Back to the giddy part of this thread...

If it's 10 I'm jumping up and down. If it's 14 I'm jumping out my window.
Being that your in S.F...
Would that be the 1st floor or the TRANSAMERICA PYRAMID's 49th floor?
But I'm pleading with you,, don't jump, someday things will get better:-)))
Santa Cruz, Ca.