Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 17 Wall intersection ??

Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
See attached pic.

Am using simple interior wall. Cleans up fine for corners, not for T intersection. Same wall type, same materials both walls, all settings are exactly the same for walls. Can't figure out why the intersection will not clean up.

Thanks.

wall question.JPG
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like a skin priority issue. They will clean up fine at corner in any case but to penetrate the wallboard the core needs to be a higher priority.
Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
Right again. Am working on the first project with priorities. My first impression is that there will be a dizzying array of wall types with different cores/skins to get the walls to clean up correctly. Am I missing something?
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
Scratch that. Junction order is going be a popular tool.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Tom wrote:
See attached pic.

Am using simple interior wall. Cleans up fine for corners, not for T intersection. Same wall type, same materials both walls, all settings are exactly the same for walls. Can't figure out why the intersection will not clean up.

Thanks.
not a solution for this time perhaps but it could have been that those walls did not clean up properly because the fills of the core were not exactly the same, even though they look the same.

The cleanup/display problems I am having is when a joist, a wall above, or something like than is messing up my wall clean ups but I can't find what is causing the problem or if I do find it, I am not sure how to adjust it's settings so it wont cause display problems.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom,
check the Building Materials for that Walls. I spend some time to figure out the trick, but now my Walls are OK.
Here is another kind of clean up thing I don't know how to fix.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Steve wrote:
Steve,

Can you provide more parameters about the wall junction?
•Is it complex profile walls or composite?
•What is the reference line set to: Inside face/core, Center, etc.?
•Is there a manual offset on the reference line?
•Is the wall interacting with another element not shown in your pic?

I would like to reproduce but I cannot with what I can see above.

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
NCornia wrote:
Steve wrote:
Steve,

Can you provide more parameters about the wall junction?
•Is it complex profile walls or composite?
•What is the reference line set to: Inside face/core, Center, etc.?
•Is there a manual offset on the reference line?
•Is the wall interacting with another element not shown in your pic?

I would like to reproduce but I cannot with what I can see above.

Best regards,
Composite.
Reference line to outside of core
no manual offset on the reference line
no other element interactions.

It's a good sign that you cannot reproduce this. That means it is some unique setting I must have made somewhere.

As near as I can tell this is related to using surface overrides.

I can get the outside surface to clean up properly if I want to change the top surface override but this a not a good choice. I need the fills to show properly in the floor plans as well as in 3d views.

Fortunately, this is covered with corner boards anyway.