Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ARCHICAD 20 Announced

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
See the official announcement here:

http://www.graphisoft.com/info/news/press_releases/archicad-20-a-fresh-look-at-bim.html

There are already a few clips that show what is new:

http://archicad.com/en/
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
165 REPLIES 165
Karl Ottenstein
Zoltan wrote:
2. Can we get detailed information about working of Graphic Override function? What kind of criteria can be use? Can we use criteria for 2D or 3D element allowed only?
Graphics Overrides are remarkably powerful for quickly generating alternative presentations of live model views. Yes, 2D or 3D elements - screenshot of list of element types...
2016-05-24_08-48-36.gif
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Karl Ottenstein
...and screenshot of Criteria types (partial - cannot expand them all for one screenshot - but you get the idea of how powerful this can be!)...
Zoltan wrote:
3. Can Graphic Override function driven by user properties?
Yes, user-defined properties are included.

I think the powerful GO feature alone is worth the price of the upgrade ... and I believe that applies to all sizes of firms in contrast with posts from some (who have not yet seen AC 20) who feel this upgrade is all about large firms.
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Great Karl, this is one of the better things in this new version, this can look like something simple for some, but is really something big that will make a real difference in our daily work.
Karl Ottenstein
Zoltan wrote:
4. Can we create element properities for 2D elements?
No; only 3D elements are data containers.
Zoltan Fuchs
Booster
Thanks Karl,
I think who bashing ARCHICAD 20 don't understand the possibilities of GO. As far as I see the GO gives me nearly endless combination to modify display options
eg. I can show real ceiling element (ceiling, lamp, etc) on a floor plan with dashed line using override by layer...

Any news about updated zone tool?
i7-4770K / 16GB / GTX560 2GB / 512GB SSD / Win10 64bit
AC21 (HUN-64 bit) / Bimx Pro / Revit 2017
Eduardo Rolon
Zoltan wrote:
Thanks Karl,
I think who bashing ARCHICAD 20 don't understand the possibilities of GO. As far as I see the GO gives me nearly endless combination to modify display options
eg. I can show real ceiling element (ceiling, lamp, etc) on a floor plan with dashed line using override by layer...

Any news about updated zone tool?
Yes.
No news on the Zone Tool.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Zoltan Fuchs
Booster
It's a pity! I was hoping that zone tool will get new zone stamp what working same methodology as labels.
Zoltan Fuchs
Booster
Karl, could you expand to me Positioning and Floor Plan and Section branches?
GO excites me extremely.

As far as I see I can override MEP element in section too. No more lamps with solid lines on sections.

thanks in advance
Karl Ottenstein
Zoltan wrote:
Karl, could you expand to me Positioning and Floor Plan and Section branches?
GO excites me extremely.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl, is there an option in the graphics override to simple hide elements in view based on any criteria? or at least a trick to do this?